PDA

View Full Version : Iona absolutely spanking BYU....I mean....BYU...

IWB
03-13-2012, 09:34 PM
Iona up 21 with 3 mins to go.

Buzz was right - Iona has a roster full of guys that transferred from BCS schools, guys that were recruited by our conference.... the talent is there.

Gato78
03-13-2012, 10:30 PM
The 1st half was the most pathetic defense I have seen. They are playing better D now but maybe because they are getting tired offensively. We will beat either of these teams.

mufansince72
03-13-2012, 10:52 PM
BYU going to win this game. As hot at Iona was in the first half, they are just as cold in the second. I think they have only scored about 15 points with one minute to go in second half.

mufansince72
03-13-2012, 10:56 PM
The only thing that now worries me is BYU is now used to playing fast. MU's speed won't give them the problems they most likely would have had if they wouldn't have played Iona first.

MU Viking
03-13-2012, 11:17 PM
I feel way better after watching that bizarro game. Was feeling my stomach tighten up more and more with every ridiculous Iona bucket in the first half, only to watch them piss it away completely. Hartsock looked totally gassed after the game, and said he would be feeling it tomorrow (has a hurt leg). I think this will turn out well for us. They are going to be tired and if we can pressure them, it will be a long day for the Mormons.

IWB
03-13-2012, 11:21 PM
Hartsock looked totally gassed after the game, and said he would be feeling it tomorrow (has a hurt leg). I think this will turn out well for us.

See other thread for my Jamil Wilson quote about MU's conditioning. The guy literally laughs when he knows opponents are tired. Tries to get them to talk on the free throw line blocks just to see how tired they are.

it will be a long day for the Mormons.

Don't know if it is true, but heard that MU has this play-in because the Mormons can't play on Sunday. Any truth to that?

mufansince72
03-13-2012, 11:26 PM
I thought they said the mormons couldn't play on Sunday during hard core brackets.

Gato78
03-14-2012, 07:26 AM
Matt Carlino will not know what hit him.

CaribouJim
03-14-2012, 12:21 PM
I feel way better after watching that bizarro game. Was feeling my stomach tighten up more and more with every ridiculous Iona bucket in the first half, only to watch them piss it away completely. Hartsock looked totally gassed after the game, and said he would be feeling it tomorrow (has a hurt leg). I think this will turn out well for us. They are going to be tired and if we can pressure them, it will be a long day for the Mormons.

I was crapping in my pants thinking we have to play these guys in the first game - it was like Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid - "Who are those guys?". I have never, ever seen a 15 minutes like that - it was surreal. From one extreme to the other - just nuts, but highly entertaining.