PDA

View Full Version : News on one of our posters....

IWB
06-11-2013, 03:57 PM
I usually like to keep people's personal stuff off the board, but I wanted to let everyone know that our own Johnny Rev is recuperating from a very successful hip-replacement surgery and is now up and about at a local rehab center.

Glad to hear things are going well Johnny Rev!

P.S. - Guys - now that Johnny Rev is back online, WATCH THE LANGUAGE! :)

MU Viking
06-11-2013, 04:07 PM
Glad to hear it was successful, Johnny Rev! Keep up the hard work rehabbing it! Prayers for a quick recovery.

Mucrisco
06-11-2013, 04:20 PM
Great to hear! Keep going strong!

Phantom Warrior
06-11-2013, 05:00 PM
Excellent! Wishing for a quick, complete recovery.

ziggysfryboy
06-11-2013, 06:36 PM
Will the Rev be back on his feet before the start of practice?

Gato78
06-11-2013, 07:54 PM
JohnnyRev to the Marquette Barbeque hosted by Buzz Williams.

Mark Miller
06-11-2013, 09:11 PM
Best wishes JOhnnyRev.

JohnnyRev
06-13-2013, 09:47 AM
Many, many thanks, Guys. I hope to make the barbeque. I'm counting on being back before practice. I have to teach a full load at Marquette beginning mid-late August. Before that, I hope to see some open gyms when the new guys are here. Thanks again for all your support. Hope to see you soon. God bless, Johnny Rev

dubs98
06-13-2013, 10:18 AM
great to hear you doing well Johnny. always appreciate your input on the boards. Keep up the solid rehab.

Tmreddevil
06-13-2013, 02:53 PM
Hey JohnnyRev - good luck and I wish you a speedy recovery.

What course(s) do you teach at MU? We did not cross paths when I was there in the early 2000s.

Goose85
06-13-2013, 03:24 PM
Glad the recovery is going well. Look forward to seeing you at various MU functions.

MulliganMusings
06-14-2013, 07:50 AM
Very good news indeed. Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery!

JohnnyRev
06-14-2013, 02:43 PM
To the question, What courses do I teach, I'm in the theology department and teach mostly New Testament. This fall I have one grad and one undergrad course in John, and spring I'll have 2 undergrad sections of Gospels and Acts. I also help pro bono with an online course in the nursing school on fertility awareness, answering questions students have about ethics and religion. I love doing this and it keeps me from being bored. But obviously I'm passionate about athletics, especially mens basketball, also womens b-ball. I recommend watching our excellent volleyball team (women), who play at the Al, and both men's and women's soccer, who are both playing excellent ball against top competition (they play in Valley Fields).

Tmreddevil
06-16-2013, 12:48 PM
To the question, What courses do I teach, I'm in the theology department and teach mostly New Testament. This fall I have one grad and one undergrad course in John, and spring I'll have 2 undergrad sections of Gospels and Acts. I also help pro bono with an online course in the nursing school on fertility awareness, answering questions students have about ethics and religion. I love doing this and it keeps me from being bored. But obviously I'm passionate about athletics, especially mens basketball, also womens b-ball. I recommend watching our excellent volleyball team (women), who play at the Al, and both men's and women's soccer, who are both playing excellent ball against top competition (they play in Valley Fields).

Thanks for the info Fr. Good luck with classes.

I will be checking out the women's vb team in earnest for the first time this year...my cousin will be a freshman on the team which should be fun to watch.