PDA

View Full Version : Perry Clark is back!

Markedman
06-06-2013, 02:38 PM
I thought he was dead....

http://www.abccolumbia.com/sports/local/Perry-Clark-Hired-As-Assistant-Mens-Basketball-Coach-210450651.html

Gato78
06-06-2013, 03:04 PM
WOW. Does this change the Perry from a Memorial to an Invitational?

MayorBeluga
06-06-2013, 03:05 PM
Just talked to Fr. Dan's Camera to find out whether this year's shirts will be garnet and black.

IWB
06-06-2013, 03:07 PM
Or black and garnet

Gato78
06-06-2013, 03:21 PM
What the hell is the answer?

Just talked to Fr. Dan's Camera to find out whether this year's shirts will be garnet and black.

CaribouJim
06-06-2013, 03:23 PM
Wasn't he getting the shirts printed today? I think on the back he was printing "there's no business like show business" per my request.

IWB
06-06-2013, 04:22 PM
Actually, the Perry golf shirts come from IWB Sports, the official sportswear partner of the Perry Clark Golf Tournament.

I have been in discussions with FDC today, and I will say the colors have been decided upon. However, while the "Memorial" vs "Invitational" has been discussed, a decision has not yet been made. I am not at liberty to say what the color scheme will be.

That being said, I would like to put in a shameless plug for IWB Sports. Golf Outings, Corporate Apparel, Event/Outing T-Shirts, Team Uniforms, Jerseys, Equipment etc - Call IWB Sports. If I can't get it, you don't need it!

MayorBeluga
06-06-2013, 05:27 PM
That being said, I would like to put in a shameless plug for IWB Sports. Golf Outings, Corporate Apparel, Event/Outing T-Shirts, Team Uniforms, Jerseys, Equipment etc - Call IWB Sports. If I can't get it, you don't need it!

Shameless plug? Shameful.

MUAlphaBangura
06-06-2013, 07:33 PM
Actually, the Perry golf shirts come from IWB Sports, the official sportswear partner of the Perry Clark Golf Tournament.

I have been in discussions with FDC today, and I will say the colors have been decided upon. However, while the "Memorial" vs "Invitational" has been discussed, a decision has not yet been made. I am not at liberty to say what the color scheme will be.

Caribou Jim wanted to know if IWB Sports does half shirts??????

unclejohn
06-06-2013, 08:35 PM
IWB, you are in the shirt business now? Be prepared to get hit with a heart-rendering plea for free stuff.

But on a different note, someone in the know advised me of the origins of the distinguished Perry. Suffice it to say that you guys are funny. I would even join you some year if I didn't hate golf. But on a more serious note, how good of a coach is he? I recall when he was at Tulane, they held their own against us, at least. He seemed to have a degree of success there that few have matched. He seemed to have done all right at Miami. Hardly outstanding, but few coaches have had much success there. Even at Corpus Christi (I am not going to try and figure out the abbreviation for that place) he seemed to do reasonably well at a place that is not exactly a powerhouse.

Thoughts?

CaribouJim
06-06-2013, 08:37 PM

Does he? With sparkles maybe?

TheSultan
06-06-2013, 08:39 PM
Tulane has been to three NCAA tournaments in their history...all coached by Perry. He just seems to be one of those coaches that was decent when he was young and hungry but lost his edge.

CaribouJim
06-06-2013, 09:00 PM
Tulane has been to three NCAA tournaments in their history...all coached by Perry. He just seems to be one of those coaches that was decent when he was young and hungry but lost his edge.

IWB, you are in the shirt business now? Be prepared to get hit with a heart-rendering plea for free stuff.

But on a different note, someone in the know advised me of the origins of the distinguished Perry. Suffice it to say that you guys are funny. I would even join you some year if I didn't hate golf. But on a more serious note, how good of a coach is he? I recall when he was at Tulane, they held their own against us, at least. He seemed to have a degree of success there that few have matched. He seemed to have done all right at Miami. Hardly outstanding, but few coaches have had much success there. Even at Corpus Christi (I am not going to try and figure out the abbreviation for that place) he seemed to do reasonably well at a place that is not exactly a powerhouse.

Thoughts?

He often seemed disengaged on the sidelines - opposition goes on 12-0 run or something and he just watches - no interaction with his players - like he had no idea what to do.

Gato78
06-06-2013, 09:47 PM
Does he? With sparkles maybe?

This is very wrong. A mental picture that will cause sleep problems.

CaribouJim
06-06-2013, 10:19 PM

This is very wrong. A mental picture that will cause sleep problems.

Why? Because you know I would look FABULOUS??!!

The Reptile
06-07-2013, 09:56 AM
I know that it's late in the game, but wouldn't it appropriate to add the cheer of South Carolina opponents 'hold them 'cocks?'

unclejohn
06-07-2013, 12:11 PM
I have always found it curious that the women's teams at South Carolina are known as the Lady Gamecocks.

Then again, women who play games with cocks describes most of the women I have dated.

IWB
06-15-2013, 08:13 PM

Great outing at the Perry Clark Invitational today, especially with Caribou sporting the half shirt. Sorry that we failed on the sparkles.....

Father Dan's Camera
06-15-2013, 08:56 PM
Thanks IWB, great time and better than expected weather. Nice to see several posters playing today and already looking forward to Perry XVI

MUAlphaBangura
06-16-2013, 09:05 AM
Great outing at the Perry Clark Invitational today, especially with Caribou sporting the half shirt. Sorry that we failed on the sparkles.....

Hey Caribou, Does that sweater you're sporting under the half shirt come in a V-neck????????

Gato78
06-16-2013, 10:00 AM
And this is the body that has so much action that he can blow off both Gail Pudvan and Erin Andrews (in different decades)?

CaribouJim
06-16-2013, 10:35 AM
And this is the body that has so much action that he can blow off both Gail Pudvan and Erin Andrews (in different decades)?

Yes...yes it is. It certainly isn't my golf. Thanks for carrying the team Gato!

CaribouJim
06-16-2013, 10:37 AM
Hey Caribou, Does that sweater you're sporting under the half shirt come in a V-neck????????

Its worked for Sean Connery - BTW one of the best Jeopardy players ever!

MUAlphaBangura
06-16-2013, 10:48 AM
Its worked for Sean Connery - BTW one of the best Jeopardy players ever!

Suck it Trebek!!