PDA

View Full Version : Reseating

Nukem2
06-06-2013, 12:46 PM
For those who have gone thru reseating this week, how soon did you get an e-mail confirmation of your exact seats...?

MUMac
06-06-2013, 02:46 PM
Ooops, misread.

You only know the row. The actual seats will be known to you in July.

MUMac
06-10-2013, 09:02 PM
Received my seat confirmation today.

Father Dan's Camera
06-10-2013, 10:01 PM
Got my email within a few minutes

MUMac
06-10-2013, 10:12 PM
Got my email within a few minutes

I received an email immediately last week as well, but it did not have seat assignments, only section and row. I received another email later that day saying that the seats that were shown with my online confirmation were not official. Today I received the official notice. There were no surprises, same as the past several years - which is what I wanted.

MUBasketball
06-10-2013, 11:27 PM
So has this new reseating process been a success so far? I pick tomorrow, hoping for the same seats as the last 2 years.

sailwi
06-11-2013, 07:44 AM
My percentile was about the same as last time and got the same row, they were the best available which indicates little non-renewals.

IWB
06-11-2013, 08:03 AM
I don't think there are very many non-renewals in any given year, more likely to be bounced because of people/companies "pointing" their way up in the ranks.

Years ago I worked for a company that had a luxury box. Because the higher ups were so freaking clueless, the box was rarely used. So, the company decided to get rid of the box and go with seats instead. Suddenly they had 4 seats, mid court, about three rows up. I couldn't help but think, "wow - people got moved back during re-seating because they couldn't figure out how to use their luxury box."

TrevorCandelino
06-11-2013, 08:20 AM
All in all, a pretty painless process.....I went to the AL and liked the "reassurance" of talking with someone through the process....

I have had the same seats for years but, for some reason, someone took my seats ahead of me this year......

Technically, they just chose my row with a "preference" for the aisle I am on, but MU will accomodate them (as they should I guess) so I lost my seats......But that's not really any change from the previous reseating process because, if it was years past, they would have simply selected my specific seats ahead of me anyway.....

It was strange though because my entire section was still open when I selected (except for my seats) so obviously someone with a pretty high point total wanted those specific seats for some reason.....will be interested to see who it is come next season......

But I still have an aisle and actually moved up a couple rows so I guess its not all bad.......but I'm a creature of habit and don't like the change....

MUMac
06-11-2013, 08:56 AM
I was concerned, as this was the first year of this system. I have been in the same row for many years until a few years ago when I decided to make better use and went 2 and 2 (two seats in consecutive rows). As I looked at the set up, I really thought I would have the exact same seats, and I did. I was just concerned that MU might mess it up, with the new system, as the 4 seats were not in the same row.

Goose85
06-11-2013, 09:03 AM
Every time I either move up a couple rows or down a couple rows, but usually in the same section and within a couple rows.
Same thing this year, so while I don't have my specific seats, I'm in in the same 5 row area I've been in for years.

Nukem2
06-11-2013, 09:37 AM
I received an email immediately last week as well, but it did not have seat assignments, only section and row. I received another email later that day saying that the seats that were shown with my online confirmation were not official. Today I received the official notice. There were no surprises, same as the past several years - which is what I wanted.Mac, how many days between your selection and the final e-mail...?

MU88
06-11-2013, 09:41 AM
I may be in the minority, but I can't stand the process. I understand the tax issues behind the change, but I don't like it. I would rather lose the deduction. I am on the aisle between donation steps. To cross the aisle will cost me another $200 per seat or $800 for my 4. Anyway, the row in the adjacent, upgraded section had 9 of 26 seats available. Is it worth $800 to cross the aisle? No. But, it would be worth it to move over to the other end of the adjacent section. Given the odd configuration of the adjacent section, those seats may very well have been available. However, since I sell 3 of my tickets to friends, I could not justify the risk. $200 per seat is a lot of coin.

In the future, I think they should give you the option of making a taxable or non-taxable gift. If you choose the non-taxable route, you get to choose your exact seats. Alternatively, letting people know which seats have been taken, without letting them pick their own seats, would be a nice alternative.

MUMac
06-11-2013, 09:44 AM
I chose last Wednesday afternoon and received the email yesterday afternoon.

TrevorCandelino
06-11-2013, 09:49 AM
I may be in the minority, but I can't stand the process. I understand the tax issues behind the change, but I don't like it. I would rather lose the deduction. I am on the aisle between donation steps. To cross the aisle will cost me another $200 per seat or $800 for my 4. Anyway, the row in the adjacent, upgraded section had 9 of 26 seats available. Is it worth $800 to cross the aisle? No. But, it would be worth it to move over to the other end of the adjacent section. Given the odd configuration of the adjacent section, those seats may very well have been available. However, since I sell 3 of my tickets to friends, I could not justify the risk. $200 per seat is a lot of coin.

In the future, I think they should give you the option of making a taxable or non-taxable gift. If you choose the non-taxable route, you get to choose your exact seats. Alternatively, letting people know which seats have been taken, without letting them pick their own seats, would be a nice alternative.

I actually raised this point to the B&G Fund because I share the sentiment - would rather choose my specific seats than get the deduction. My understanding is that the "WI Dept. of Rev. issue" relates more to MU's non-profit status than it does the ability of the consumer to claim a deduction. But that the communication from MU on this matter was a bit misleading.....

MU88
06-11-2013, 11:12 AM
I actually raised this point to the B&G Fund because I share the sentiment - would rather choose my specific seats than get the deduction. My understanding is that the "WI Dept. of Rev. issue" relates more to MU's non-profit status than it does the ability of the consumer to claim a deduction. But that the communication from MU on this matter was a bit misleading.....

Bummer. But, what about identifying the seats taken prior to you picking? Again, they don't have to assign you your seats right away, but it would be nice to know if something is available.

I guess my issue doesn't matter in most situations. But where you are on the cusp of moving into a much higher donation section, it would be nice to know what you are getting for the money.

MUMac
06-11-2013, 11:38 AM
Bummer. But, what about identifying the seats taken prior to you picking? Again, they don't have to assign you your seats right away, but it would be nice to know if something is available.

I guess my issue doesn't matter in most situations. But where you are on the cusp of moving into a much higher donation section, it would be nice to know what you are getting for the money.

I think you can have a pretty good idea. Not firm, but good. It tells you how many seats are taken in a row. I would guess that they are filling from closest to center court first, unless someone specific has a request. Conservatively, you could look at it that all the seats from the center court are taken first. The exception is if someone prefers an aisle, which may push them to the other side of the row.

MU88
06-11-2013, 12:00 PM
I think you can have a pretty good idea. Not firm, but good. It tells you how many seats are taken in a row. I would guess that they are filling from closest to center court first, unless someone specific has a request. Conservatively, you could look at it that all the seats from the center court are taken first. The exception is if someone prefers an aisle, which may push them to the other side of the row.

Again, in my situation, two aisles lead to a row (last row in lower bowl). 9 of 26 seats in the row were available. So people like aisles (4 seats on aisles available), some older folks like the seats with no one in front of them (4 of those), and a third group wants to be as close to center court as possible. I could see no one taking the seats as close to center court, since you have to crawl over 3 or 4 seats to get to those. Again, this is a unique situation. Moving over an entry way and 26 seats is a pretty good improvement. Crossing over the entry way for $800 is not.

MUMac
06-11-2013, 12:30 PM
'88, yours is unique. Now I understand better, your concern. Good luck! After it's done, let us know how it turned out.

Nukem2
06-12-2013, 12:40 PM
Just got e-mail confirmation of my season tix. Was able to retain same seats as last year. Registered on Sunday and received confirmation today, Wednesday.

CaribouJim
06-12-2013, 01:02 PM
Just got e-mail confirmation of my season tix. Was able to retain same seats as last year. Registered on Sunday and received confirmation today, Wednesday.

Ditto on all counts.

ziggysfryboy
06-12-2013, 03:15 PM
got bumped back 2 rows in the $125 seats.