PDA

View Full Version : Heat v. Spurs

Goose85
06-06-2013, 11:48 AM
Prediction time for the NBA finals.

Who will win and in how many games?

It is very hard not to like the Spurs, so I would not be disappointed if they win.
Actually if D-Wade wasn't on the Heat I'd be pulling for the Spurs, but D-Wade is on the Heat so;

I say D-Wade and the Heat win in 6 games.

CaribouJim
06-06-2013, 01:03 PM
This will be a very interesting match-up. The sex appeal and drama of the Heat vs. the Spurs "program".

I was a Spurs season ticket holder in the late '80s and early '90s including David Robinson's first 2 years and Jerome
Whitehead's short stint with them so they have been pretty much my favorite team since then. College like atmosphere at their games, but it would be nice for Wade's legacy to get his 3rd ring. Guess I'll be a happy camper either way.

It think it comes down to DWade and Bosh again - will they be able to contribute substantively and consistently?

I think it goes 6 games as well, but I haven't decided who wins.

I know I am in the minority, but I love the NBA and love the ebb and flow of a playoff series especially a finals with 2 teams like this.

MU Viking
06-06-2013, 01:29 PM
Heat in 6. I think the Heat got their mojo back in Game 7 vs. Indiana, and I'm not sure the Spurs are actually a better team than the Pacers. Certainly, Parker and Duncan have been fabulous, but the Heat are not going to get bullied around down low like they were against Indiana. I also think the 2-3-2 format of the Finals benefits the home team even more. I expect the Heat to go home up 3-2 and finish it off in 6. Should be entertaining!

Goose85
06-06-2013, 01:41 PM
I know I am in the minority, but I love the NBA and love the ebb and flow of a playoff series especially a finals with 2 teams like this.

Caribou - I am an NBA fan once the playoffs begin. Regular season I pay attention, but don't watch much NBA hoop.

Drbchilds
06-06-2013, 03:54 PM
Heat in 5.

farmerdoc
06-06-2013, 05:13 PM
Good points all. Heat in 6.

Will Tim Duncan show any emotion when he retires?