PDA

View Full Version : OT - Who do you want tonight: Heat / Pacers?

Goose85
06-03-2013, 10:21 AM
Big game 7 tonight. As far as the NBA goes, this is as good as it gets. I'm a college fan that watches NBA playoff hoop.

My question - who do you want to win tonight?

Normally I'd want the Pacers to show small market team ball can win, but the Heat have D-Wade.

Put me down for the Heat, because of D-Wade. I also think a Heat v. Spurs series would be a good watch.

Nukem2
06-03-2013, 10:22 AM
Heat with our Wade connection

IWB
06-03-2013, 10:28 AM
I hate the fact that the NBA season drags all the way until June. Think they can stretch the finals into July?

Goose85
06-03-2013, 10:30 AM
I hate the fact that the NBA season drags all the way until June. Think they can stretch the finals into July?

Normally I'm with you on that IWB, but the way the Brewers are playing I'd rather watch the Heat play the Pacers in the best of 11 and then do the same with the Spurs.

Gato78
06-03-2013, 10:30 AM
Wade helps recruiting. No brainer.

TheSultan
06-03-2013, 10:36 AM
Since the NBA gets so much money from television...and television doesn't get the eyeballs until playoff time...they are going to do everything possible to stretch it out as long as they can.

Goose85
06-03-2013, 10:46 AM
Since the NBA gets so much money from television...and television doesn't get the eyeballs until playoff time...they are going to do everything possible to stretch it out as long as they can.

You've got that right. Only problem is the Spurs and Griz didn't get the memo.

Mucrisco
06-03-2013, 10:47 AM
I won't know for sure, until the game starts and I'll see who I end up pulling for. I don't hate the Heat. Obviously, I like Wade. I don't hate Lebron because I never followed his Cleveland drama. Last years final was great, because I liked Wade and I love Okla City. However, I like how Indiana was built. It gives hope to a Milwaukee Bucks fan, such as myself. I don't even know where some of their players came from. Who the heck is George? I think the Spurs are boring, mostly because they are always there in the hunt. Miami already won one and Indiana is the underdog. So, with the small market factor, and the fact that Indiana would be the underdogs in the Finals as well, I'm leaning towards Indiana right now.

MUAlphaBangura
06-03-2013, 11:30 AM
Normally I'm with you on that IWB, but the way the Brewers are playing I'd rather watch the Heat play the Pacers in the best of 11 and then do the same with the Spurs.

Ugghhh, I have Brewers tix tonight! Luckily in the Club Level. Will ask them to turn one of the tv's to the Heat-Pacers game so I can get some enjoyment out of my visit to Miller Park tonight! Actually, I'll probably be home to watch most of the 2nd half as it is very hard for me to watch the Brewers at the moment.

DCwarrior
06-03-2013, 12:22 PM
Despite the Wade-MU connection, I really hate the Heat and want Indiana to win. Indiana would be really, really good if Granger wasn't hurt (and if they had a quality PG).

Wade hasn't been making too many friends on the court lately. He's basically now labeled as one of the dirtiest players in the league. Whether it's warranted or not, that's the perception.

ValiantSailor
06-03-2013, 12:30 PM
Wade hasn't been making too many friends on the court lately. He's basically now labeled as one of the dirtiest players in the league. Whether it's warranted or not, that's the perception.

Then his friends should stand by him, wouldn't you think?

VS

Smee
06-03-2013, 12:52 PM
Wade and the Heat, of course!!! He is family...and always will be.

DCwarrior
06-03-2013, 03:28 PM
Then his friends should stand by him, wouldn't you think?

VS

To a point. Unfortunately - from my view - a few of his plays have been dirty.

Phantom Warrior
06-03-2013, 04:47 PM
As big a fan as I am of DW's, I'm rooting for the Pacers.

I am not a fan of teams bringing in a trio of superstars, like the Heat did, to win a championship. That's one of the reasons I rooted against the Lakers all year and was delighted they melted down.

It's why I hate the Yankees.

I like the fact that the Pacers have no superstars; they are a solid team of solid players that play hard and play together.