PDA

View Full Version : A nice reminder to make you smile

TheSultan
06-02-2013, 08:53 PM
http://deadspin.com/heres-how-marquette-erased-a-six-point-davidson-lead-i-458283539

dubs98
06-03-2013, 07:31 AM
mission accomplished sultan:) still can't believe that ending. for a team that was as terrible from outside as we were, the fellas sure hit some big shots at the ends of several games.

ValiantSailor
06-03-2013, 07:44 AM
I love this comment:

"Damn it I thought Davidson had this one too but suddenly Marquette can shoot 3s. Well Butler will knock them out so not a huge deal."

Oops!

VS

MUMac
06-03-2013, 08:12 AM
mission accomplished sultan:) still can't believe that ending. for a team that was as terrible from outside as we were, the fellas sure hit some big shots at the ends of several games.

While they did not shoot the 3 well, as a team, the two that took and hit those shots late were the best 3 point shooters. In addition, MU was off for the game from 3 land and some would say they were due. Vander and Jamil hitting the 3's should not have been a huge surprise. The timing of it, though, was quite dramatic and quite surprising.

MUMac
06-03-2013, 08:12 AM
I love this comment:

"Damn it I thought Davidson had this one too but suddenly Marquette can shoot 3s. Well Butler will knock them out so not a huge deal."

Oops!

VS

I saw that and chuckled as well. Nostradamus, he ain't!

Mark Miller
06-03-2013, 08:40 AM
Seen a lot of basketball games over the years. That was one of the most unexpected and remarkable comebacks I've witnessed. Incredible.

MUfan12
06-03-2013, 08:48 AM
Seen a lot of basketball games over the years. That was one of the most unexpected and remarkable comebacks I've witnessed. Incredible.

Yep. Been watching MU for almost 25 years and I can't remember a comeback like that. Totally improbable, given how the game went for the first 39 minutes.

Nukem2
06-03-2013, 09:36 AM
Absolutely amazing. As they say, never give up. These guys willed their way to the win....!

warriorfan4life
06-03-2013, 11:09 AM
Last year felt like revenge for being on the receiving end of so many heartbreaking loss in the past. It was nice to distribute a few of them out ourselves.

MUAlphaBangura
06-03-2013, 11:54 AM
http://deadspin.com/heres-how-marquette-erased-a-six-point-davidson-lead-i-458283539

Ironically, I just watched the end of that game over the weekend. Just can't seem to press the delete button on the DVR! It definitely brightens the day a bit!

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
06-03-2013, 01:43 PM
I was at the game with a buddy and with a minute or less left he looked at me and said, "want to get out of here? This sucks" ... I told him that win or lose we stay till the buzzer because we made the drive and you never know... Needless to say we were pretty happy we stayed. I never saw it coming though.

Goose85
06-03-2013, 01:52 PM
I was at the game with a buddy and with a minute or less left he looked at me and said, "want to get out of here? This sucks" ... I told him that win or lose we stay till the buzzer because we made the drive and you never know... Needless to say we were pretty happy we stayed. I never saw it coming though.

I hope your buddy was buying after that game as he owed you for your decision to stay.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
06-03-2013, 04:12 PM
He definitely did, we had one hell of a party that night. At that time we could have never guessed we would see another great game right after against Butler too.

bleedbluegold03
06-03-2013, 04:49 PM
I commented to Alex last night and I've stated this before, but it bears repeating:

I can hardly fathom a more exciting/entertaining/dream season than last season in my life time.

- undefeated at home

- win conference

- E8

- Beat bucky, gtown, notre lame

- Uconn finish, STJ finish (to win conference!), Davidson finish

- boat and bat

All of this mind you, when you're picked to finish mid-tier in conference

I can all but guarantee that season will beat all others for the duration of my life. Feel blessed to have lived through it, but sad to have seen it pass.

Awilhelmscream
06-03-2013, 07:04 PM
I have the Davidson finish saved on my phone home screen under "Miracle Minute"

Nukem2
06-03-2013, 07:17 PM
I commented to Alex last night and I've stated this before, but it bears repeating:

I can hardly fathom a more exciting/entertaining/dream season than last season in my life time.

- undefeated at home

- win conference

- E8

- Beat bucky, gtown, notre lame

- Uconn finish, STJ finish (to win conference!), Davidson finish

- boat and bat

All of this mind you, when you're picked to finish mid-tier in conference

I can all but guarantee that season will beat all others for the duration of my life. Feel blessed to have lived through it, but sad to have seen it pass.A truly memorable season and I would add the Butler finish (both games) and DGs monster game versus Cuse and Vander's decision to enter the draft. Not to mention the staff turnover/turmoil prior to the season and the Buzz/Larry drama....! The boat and the bat and everything else....whew, I don't remember any season quite like that in my 50+ years of following MU BB....!

ValiantSailor
06-04-2013, 06:26 AM
"...boat and bat...."

That's a SHIP, lubber!

VS

Nukem2
06-04-2013, 09:07 AM
"...boat and bat...."

That's a SHIP, lubber!

VSTrue, but "boat and bat" just rolls off the tongue... :)

IWB
06-04-2013, 10:42 AM
I was there - greatest game that never was.

CaribouJim
06-04-2013, 11:00 AM
I was there - greatest game that never was.

As I recall IWB, your seats were light years behind mine - everyone else's too for that matter. You all looked like little specs with the distance from me.

MayorBeluga
06-04-2013, 11:19 AM
As I recall IWB, your seats were light years behind mine - everyone else's too for that matter. You all looked like little specs with the distance from me.

Wait a minute. Caribou is taunting IWB (usually a worthy endeavor) by pointing out said arctic herd animal had better seats for a game that did not occur? Either Caribou has been drinking too much or too little today. Hizzoner casets his vote for the latter.

IWB
06-04-2013, 11:21 AM
I was on press row, but I think they gave out all of their media passes, so mine ended up being somewhat of an all access pass. I was allowed to go anywhere I wanted to on that ship, even when it was closed, which is why I was able to walk into practice that day. I was also actually on the court while they were figuring things out, so overall I think I had pretty good seats.

Still can't believe I didn't know Caribou was there.

CaribouJim
06-04-2013, 12:28 PM
I was on press row, but I think they gave out all of their media passes, so mine ended up being somewhat of an all access pass. I was allowed to go anywhere I wanted to on that ship, even when it was closed, which is why I was able to walk into practice that day. I was also actually on the court while they were figuring things out, so overall I think I had pretty good seats.

Still can't believe I didn't know Caribou was there.

Well Dick Strong knew where I was sitting - I was sitting in FRONT of him and he did not look like one happy camper!!!

pbiflyer
06-04-2013, 12:37 PM
Wait a minute. Caribou is taunting IWB (usually a worthy endeavor) by pointing out said arctic herd animal had better seats for a game that did not occur? Either Caribou has been drinking too much or too little today. Hizzoner casets his vote for the latter.
Hizzoner would be correct.

IWB
06-04-2013, 12:38 PM
Funny, I saw him but never saw you - you would have been right behind me to the right as you looked at the court.

CaribouJim
06-04-2013, 12:40 PM
Hizzoner would be correct.

It was a bummer - the only time in my life I can act like a big shot and rub it into people's faces and they call the game due to moisture. Tragic.

The Reptile
06-05-2013, 05:30 AM
I had accepted defeat at that point but was rewarded for watching to the end.