PDA

View Full Version : Marquette Update: Junior, Juan, Chris and more...

IWB
05-23-2013, 12:52 PM
I have a new story up on the front page. If you have been following the boards there is nothing new, but I do have a video interview with Junior Cadougan from his workout with the Bucks the other day where he talks about MU, graduating and the future.

http://www.brewcityball.com/forums/content.php?611-Marquette-Updates

Also, why did I select a pic of Junior's graduation for the cover shot? Well, it isn't every day that a graduate has a family picture taken and includes his coaches, best friend and academic advisers in his family picture, but Junior considers each and every one of them part of his family.

CaribouJim
05-23-2013, 02:59 PM
The attitude of the the little one on the left in the front row is age appropriate - "get me out of here".

ge1974
05-23-2013, 03:18 PM
The attitude of the the little one on the left in the front row is age appropriate - "get me out of here".

My first thought was that the young man is simply dreaming about the day he will be playing basketball for Marquette and Buzz Williams.

CaribouJim
05-23-2013, 03:30 PM
My first thought was that the young man is simply dreaming about the day he will be playing basketball for Marquette and Buzz Williams.

Distinct possibility. Buzz leaves no stone unturned.

BLT
05-23-2013, 05:18 PM
Distinct possibility. Buzz leaves no STONE unturned.

Fixed for you

Phantom Warrior
05-23-2013, 05:49 PM
It would have been nice to see LW in the photo. I'm not saying he should have been or that it's disappointing that he's not. It would probably be very unusual for an AD to be in such a photo. All I'm saying is that I would have loved to see it.

CaribouJim
05-23-2013, 06:07 PM
It would have been nice to see LW in the photo. I'm not saying he should have been or that it's disappointing that he's not. It would probably be very unusual for an AD to be in such a photo. All I'm saying is that I would have loved to see it.

Maybe he was getting his picture taken with a regular Jack or Jill MU student athlete or athletes.

CaribouJim
05-23-2013, 07:03 PM
Maybe he was getting his picture taken with a regular Jack or Jill MU student athlete or athletes.

...or maybe he was in Florida for the Big East meetings.

IWB
05-23-2013, 07:22 PM
Buzz was at both, and in the photo.

DCwarrior
05-23-2013, 08:28 PM
I see that Junior, Jake, and Chris (in December) graduated. What about Jamil? He's been in college for 4 years now. Is he on pace to graduate in December or will he need all 5 years?

The Reptile
05-24-2013, 07:04 AM
I'm happy for Junior. He is a true class act. My favorite Junior moment was when he was injured his freshman season and he did radio with Homer. It was like in the '80's when NBC would test NFL games with no announcer or one announcer. It was like Homer was solo. Then he'd ask Junior a basketball question and he'd answer respectfully but with a long response with the game back in action. Naturally, Homer would cut him off but he didn't seem to take it personally.

I'm glad that he got his degree making his exit from the projects in Toronto a good story. I sincerely wish people cut him more slack during his career because of objections with his play. He did not do serve the abuse and looking back we did nothing but win games. Junior may never go down with the all time greats, but I'll always have fond memories of him.

Nukem2
05-24-2013, 09:28 AM
I'm happy for Junior. He is a true class act. My favorite Junior moment was when he was injured his freshman season and he did radio with Homer. It was like in the '80's when NBC would test NFL games with no announcer or one announcer. It was like Homer was solo. Then he'd ask Junior a basketball question and he'd answer respectfully but with a long response with the game back in action. Naturally, Homer would cut him off but he didn't seem to take it personally.

I'm glad that he got his degree making his exit from the projects in Toronto a good story. I sincerely wish people cut him more slack during his career because of objections with his play. He did not do serve the abuse and looking back we did nothing but win games. Junior may never go down with the all time greats, but I'll always have fond memories of him.

Yes, MU has done well the past three seasons with Junior at the helm (maybe did not start as a soph, but had some huge games / moments ). Thanks for the memories, Junior.... :)