PDA

View Full Version : Vander at Nets Pre Draft Combine

Goose85
05-22-2013, 09:28 AM
Per Zagsblog, Vander Blue will be participating in the Nets pre-draft combine today at 11:15 (session 2 of 4).

Good luck Vander.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/nets-announce-combine-names/#more-96704

Markedman
05-22-2013, 11:36 AM
RT @SethDavisHoops: Vander Blue playing some point but doesn't look natural. Why he should have gone back to Marquette for one more year.

ValiantSailor
05-22-2013, 11:54 AM
RT @SethDavisHoops: Vander Blue playing some point but doesn't look natural. Why he should have gone back to Marquette for one more year.

Wouldn't have made any difference.

VS

Markedman
05-22-2013, 12:02 PM
that was Seth Davis's opinion not mine

Jonathan Givony ‏@DraftExpress 26s Lots of everything from Vander Blue today. Made tough shots, also made some very poor decisions. Great athlete. All in all a solid showing

Markedman
05-22-2013, 05:48 PM
Looks like Vander helped himself today....good to see

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2013/05/nba-draft-stock-watch-brooklyn-nets/#2

TrevorCandelino
05-22-2013, 08:14 PM
I'm a blue-liever.......

MUMac
05-22-2013, 08:42 PM
I'm a blue-liever.......

Sorry, but living in Madison that turns my stomach.

TheSultan
05-23-2013, 07:47 AM
Wouldn't have made any difference.

VS

I don't know if I agree with that. He very well may have played on the ball more often with a returning PG that hasn't exactly lit the world on fire and a freshman slated to play the position.

OTOH, if he slipped at all offensively, he could have definitely hurt his position as well.

KMWTRUCKS
05-23-2013, 08:28 AM
Its one thing to push the ball in transition, all off guards should be able to do that. PG's show there merit in the 1/2 court. knowing when to drive, when to swing the ball, knowing when to dump it down, and when to shoot. Vander has gotten better but when he decides to drive hole he has no plan to dump it off if the help comes.

IWB
05-23-2013, 11:27 AM
Vander could have used another year. Certainly strength wise, but also maturity wise. He is a year young for his grade. While he has matured quite a bit, he isn't there yet. And while he says in an interview that he 'carried the team on his back' last year, he still wasn't a team leader. Junior and Jamil played that role. Vander could have really taken another giant leap with one more year.

MUMac
05-24-2013, 11:23 AM
I don't know if I agree with that. He very well may have played on the ball more often with a returning PG that hasn't exactly lit the world on fire and a freshman slated to play the position.

OTOH, if he slipped at all offensively, he could have definitely hurt his position as well.

I read VS point as saying it did not matter as Blue already had his mind made up. Returning, no matter the benefit, was not an option to him. I could be wrong, but that is the way I read it.

IWB
05-24-2013, 11:47 AM
Whether that is what he meant or not, that is a pretty accurate read.