PDA

View Full Version : RSCI Final 2013

IWB
05-19-2013, 11:26 PM
Marquette does pretty darn well. Comes in at #9 in the RSCI rankings. Add Jameel McKay & John Dawson to that class and Buzz is looking good!

9) Marquette (160 pts)
#30 JaJuan Johnson
#54 Deonte Burton
#59 Duane Wilson

Coach Buzz Williams struck gold with this group, which should feed the transformation process he is engineering.

Team Rankings..... https://sites.google.com/site/rscihoops/home/the-winners/winners-2013

Player rankings..... https://sites.google.com/site/rscihoops/home/2013-final

Phantom Warrior
05-20-2013, 03:52 AM
So JaJuan is now the highest ranked player in RSCI's 16 year history to select MU. While it obviously does not guarantee anything down the road, I still think that's pretty cool.

Also of note - Thomas at #52, Fischer at #71, and Koenig at #79. Five of RSCI Top 100 from Wisconsin. That's a first. Congrats to all five.

As for the Big East, only nine, overall, in the Top 100:

#26 Rysheed Jordan - point guard - St. John's

#48 Brandon Austin -wing forward - Providence

#75 Reggie Cameron - power forward - Georgetown

#78 Kris Jenkins - power forward - Villanova

#94 Josh Hart - wing forward - Villanova

#98 Brandon Randolph - point guard - Xavier

The league has to do better in the next couple of years. It might take awhile for Butler and Creighton to get on the radar of Top 100 type recruits. Whether all of them pan out or not - and some obviously won't - it's still important for the national image/perception of the league to attract/land as many of the high profile recruits.

The American Athletic Conference faces the same challenge. There are only eight Top 100 recruits that selected that league, and five of the eight are headed to Memphis (along with one to Cinci, one to UConn, and one to - of all places - USF).

I can't wait until next year when JJ, DW, DB, JD, and JMc join the program. It's the same way I felt when Crean landed the Amigos.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
05-20-2013, 07:10 AM
You gotta remember that Butler and Creighton were never big players in the top 100 recruit realm, they thrived on finding underrated kids that played hard. Lets see how things pan out. Also the other question I have is how many open scholarships did these schools have, G'town only pulled one top 100 but if I remember correctly they didn't have a ton of open scholarships this year (I could be wrong)

TheSultan
05-20-2013, 07:34 AM
So JaJuan is now the highest ranked player in RSCI's 16 year history to select MU. While it obviously does not guarantee anything down the road, I still think that's pretty cool.

And he's higher than Nick King. Didn't Memphis go after King at the expense of Johnson?

Goose85
05-20-2013, 08:58 AM
Amazed how high Emdiid has risen since committing to Kansas. I guess I'll just have to say what if.

warriorfan4life
05-20-2013, 09:59 AM
And he's higher than Nick King. Didn't Memphis go after King at the expense of Johnson?

They actually took Markel Crawford (who Buzz also liked a lot) ahead of Johnson.

TheSultan
05-20-2013, 10:13 AM
They actually took Markel Crawford (who Buzz also liked a lot) ahead of Johnson.

OK thanks. I wasn't sure I had that right which is why I hedged my bets!