PDA

View Full Version : Rip

Markedman
05-18-2013, 02:49 PM
Post from JD today....i think many MU fans knew Dennis

sorry to hear about the death of super scout Dennis Netterfield

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

one of the great fans of local recruiting and MU basketball over the last 40 yrs...Dennis was a familiar face around HS and AAU hoops....had all the publications...knew all the rumors...used to run the Ice Berg fast food restaurant on S 27th St....

Dennis had heart issues and passed away after a 6 week illness...

Thoughts out to Dennis and his family...we will miss his passion and knowledge...the last time I saw him was at the Vincent vs Dominican game in Jan...when he said of Duane Wilson...'He is one of the best guards I have seen in this state since the late '60s...he has the talent to be playing professionally for a long time after college.

Mark Miller
05-18-2013, 05:18 PM
I have known Dennis for almost 30 years now. A truly funny man and great, great fan of Marquette.

He had been a season-ticket holder since 1962 and never, ever missed a home game in 51 years.

That's incredible.

MU/Panther
05-18-2013, 06:20 PM
My wife and I will miss our dear friend Dennis. It's wasn't all sports with Dennis. He cared in how your life is going.

Great Marquette fan and season-ticket holder. Had UW-Milwaukee tickets as well. Loved high school hoops, Brewers & Packers. My wife and I sat with Dennis and others at Jim's Pro-Am in summertime. Got to the Bradley Center early to eat cookies with him before my wife and I went to our seats.

Jimmy Lemke
05-19-2013, 09:11 AM
I got to know Dennis through our Pro-Am that Jim runs each summer. MU/Panther and his wife introduced Dennis and me, and immediately I could tell this was a kindred spirit. He and I had several great conversations about college basketball and I found myself sitting with him a lot, especially this past year.

Rest in peace, Dennis. You made my summers a little bit brighter.