PDA

View Full Version : Shooting Guards coming up now on ESPN2...

CaribouJim
05-16-2013, 01:08 PM
...with Vander at the combine.

CaribouJim
05-16-2013, 01:30 PM
...and during the shooting drill they showed Vander's group each shoot a less than contested jump shot from the top of the key and they didn't pan out once, not once, to see if he made the shot - about 7-8 jumpers - not once!!! Come on ESPN. His form is admittedly a little tough to watch in comparison to some of the other guys.

Mucrisco
05-16-2013, 01:36 PM
Yeah, this coverage seems to be more about getting to know the players, or having the talking heads tell us about about abilities rather than actually seeing their abilities. Instead of these guys talking and interviewing everyone, I'd rather listen to the instruction that's going on. If you can't watch, don't worry. It's a waste of time. It's feels like I'm watching the NFL draft.

CaribouJim
05-16-2013, 01:37 PM
Yeah, this coverage seems to be more about getting to know the players, or having the talking heads tell us about about abilities rather than actually seeing their abilities. Instead of these guys talking and interviewing everyone, I'd rather listen to the instruction that's going on. If you can't watch, don't worry. It's a waste of time. It's feels like I'm watching the NFL draft.

Agree 100%.

CaribouJim
05-16-2013, 01:55 PM
Buzz is there - brief interview with him - talked mostly about Jimmy B's increasing profile and he didn't know why Vander was a late selection for the combine - he assumed that someone declined the invitation.

I wonder if Vander is getting over a bug or something - he seems to be sucking wind more than the other guys.

CaribouJim
05-16-2013, 01:56 PM
...and Buzz needs to shave!!

CaribouJim
05-17-2013, 10:11 AM
This morning mentions of Jimmy B and how well he performed at the combine...DJO winning the one-step vertical last year...all the talking heads on the ESPN panel would pick Steven Adams (only 28" + on the standing vertical) over Zeller.

CaribouJim
05-17-2013, 10:27 AM
...and Zeller comes in the with highest standing vertical of the big guys thus far @ 35" - impressive - #1 for the big guys so far by over an inch.

CaribouJim
05-17-2013, 11:06 AM
Zeller really ripping it up - his 35.5 standing vertical the highest ever for a guy 6'9" and over and finished first on the max vertical (37.5) and the agility for all the big guys.

2 guards up next.

Mucrisco
05-17-2013, 11:39 AM
Vander Blue did have the best time for the lane agility drill, if that means anything to you.

CaribouJim
05-17-2013, 11:41 AM
Vander finishes first on the Agility Drill and 4th for the max vertical with a 37.5 for 2 guards. Olidipo (sp?) beats DJO's from last year with a 42".

CaribouJim
05-17-2013, 02:10 PM
Vander Blue did have the best time for the lane agility drill, if that means anything to you.

I think he ended up first in the modified lane agility drill and second for the lane agility drill overall. I think he was in the top 5 at least for the 3/4 court run. He fell way out of the overall top 10 for both jumping drills. Net, net mixed results, but you can't question his quickness, but was surprised about his vertical - thought it would have been better.

Larkin killed on the max vertical - 43.5" something like that - blew everyone away - didn't know he had that much hops.

Markedman
05-19-2013, 05:25 PM
New mock from draft express post combine.......I believe they had Vander at around 50 prior to the combine

Still has some time but this doesn't look good

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2013/

pbiflyer
05-19-2013, 06:54 PM
Wow, Steve Adams going 16th?????

Mucrisco
05-19-2013, 09:25 PM
What a horrible draft.