PDA

View Full Version : Sun-Times Update on a couple potential MU recruits

CaribouJim
05-13-2013, 09:13 AM
You may have to sign in, at no cost, but just in case here are the 2 MU profiles - hadn't heard of the interest in Ulis:

A new NCAA rule regarding spring evaluations of players at live events has allowed players nationwide to garner attention from college coaches this spring. Here are four local standouts that have taken full advantage.

Malek Harris
6-7, Sandburg
The high motor that Harris brings to the floor has grabbed the attention of college coaches. Then they see his production (18 ppg, 11 rpg, 3.5 apg as a junior) on a consistent basis, his knack for rebounding and an ability to put the ball on the floor.
Who’s offered: Auburn, Creighton, DePaul, Illinois State, Iowa, Kansas State, Marquette, Miami (Ohio), Oregon State, Saint Louis.
Who’s interested: Michigan, Louisville, Oregon, Wichita State, Gonzaga, Illinois.

Tyler Ulis
5-8, Marian Catholic
Although high-major programs were initially hesitant because of his lack of size, no player in the class has done more for himself this spring than Ulis. College coaches are finally sold, realizing that his talents, feel for the game and ability to make those around him better offset any size disadvantage.
Who’s offered: Alabama, Butler, Colorado State, Dayton, DePaul, Florida, Florida State, Iowa, Michigan State, Northwestern, Oregon State, Purdue, Saint Louis, USC, Vanderbilt.
Who’s interested: Arkansas, Marquette, Minnesota and Tennessee.

http://seasonpass.suntimes.com/news_article/show/254975?referrer_id=599124

IWB
05-13-2013, 09:22 AM
MU would like to land Harris. Ulis is an intriguing prospect. I'm told he loves MU, but don't know if MU staff is comfortable with his size.

CaribouJim
05-13-2013, 09:36 AM
MU would like to land Harris. Ulis is an intriguing prospect. I'm told he loves MU, but don't know if MU staff is comfortable with his size.

That would be the first guy Buzz recruited, let alone signed, under 6' right?

Goose85
05-13-2013, 09:58 AM
I MU were to get Cohen, with Noskowiak committed for 2015, would Ulis be less of a need?

IWB
05-13-2013, 09:59 AM
Signed - yes, recruited? Not sure, would have to take a look at that, but you could be right.

Markedman
05-13-2013, 10:32 AM
Mu recruited Stevie Clark....think he is under 6'

Goose85
05-13-2013, 12:55 PM

I would think it doesn't hurt MU's chances with Harris that he is in the Chicago area and happens to be about the same height at one Jimmy Butler.

warriorfan4life
05-13-2013, 12:57 PM
I would think it doesn't hurt MU's chances with Harris that he is in the Chicago area and happens to be about the same height at one Jimmy Butler.

Harris is a perfect Marquette type player. Starting to think that there is a good chance he will be part of our 2014 class with Cohen and a couple of others.

IrwinFletcher
05-13-2013, 06:51 PM

Harris tweeted that he got a perfect 37 on his ACT test.

Phantom Warrior
05-13-2013, 06:52 PM
That's hilarious.

Hopefully, it's not the sum of his scores on the four multiple-choice sections.