PDA

View Full Version : Deonte Burton - Ball is Life

IWB
05-10-2013, 12:28 PM
Highlights from the Ball is life All American game with some Deonte Burton...

http://youtu.be/oxtbereHpu0

Gato78
05-10-2013, 12:41 PM
Man, his high school coach sucked.

MUBasketball
05-10-2013, 01:21 PM
Man, his high school coach sucked.

Let's remember this is a highlight video. I remember having a chubby watching the Juan highlight tape from high school.

Thrilled to have him, bummed to see Juan go...but still, these highlight tapes contribute to unreasonable expectations for these kids coming in.

Goose85
05-10-2013, 01:43 PM
Saw him play in high school his junior year, but did not see him live his senior season and I know there was a coaching change.

When I saw him play his junior year you could not tell what they were running on offense, who was coaching and who the players were actually listening to for direction.

Burton has been a beast since he was in grade school. My son was on a team in 8th grade that played against Burton in a AAU tourney. In 8th grade he went up and over a 6'3" kid for a dunk. Sometimes when kids are that far ahead and athletic at that young of an age they can get by on talent alone. I'm sure with his talent, and Buzz and staff coaching and developing his skills, he has the potential to be really good at the college level. I think he would really be an awesome defensive end, but we don't have football.

DCwarrior
05-10-2013, 02:58 PM
I'd like to see him practice the entire summer with his left hand tied to his waste. He's the most left-hand dominant player I have seen in a long time. If he doesn't become decent using his right hand it won't be too dificult for good college teams to take away his left.

dw3dw3dw3
05-10-2013, 03:19 PM
CJ Fair I would put much worse than DB. DB at least can crossover left to right and back a little.

dubs98
05-10-2013, 07:15 PM
feel good tape or not..that was some crazy athleticism. loved watching the kids afterwards try and figure out how he just pulled off that dunk as they are try mimicking it without the ball...that is when you know your dunk was sick.