PDA

View Full Version : Rule changes....

Markedman
05-09-2013, 03:55 PM
Shot clock will stay the same.....

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/9259772/ncaa-basketball-rules-committee-approves-more-replays-bounds-shot-clock-violations

Nukem2
05-09-2013, 04:10 PM
Good changes, though it seemed like those replays were being done anyway....?

IrwinFletcher
05-09-2013, 04:11 PM
Looks like the biggest rule change is the last one listed.

Slowly, they might be getting the whole Charge thing right. Call it fewer times, or call the defender for a foul, and defenders will be less inclined to slide in to draw a charge.

MUMac
05-09-2013, 04:40 PM
Looks like the biggest rule change is the last one listed.

Slowly, they might be getting the whole Charge thing right. Call it fewer times, or call the defender for a foul, and defenders will be less inclined to slide in to draw a charge.

I agree. This change is the best, although I like the change in the elbow rule - though I do not like that they do not put any onus on the defender. They have the rule of verticality on shots - why wouldn't that apply here, as well?

The charge/block change is a very good one. I still would like to see the rule abolished all together, in the lane. Make it a blocking foul. That won't happen, but to me, it should. Until Dean Smith and North Carolina made the block/charge defense, it was much cleaner.