PDA

View Full Version : J. Butler AP Article

TrevorCandelino
05-08-2013, 08:51 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/butler-just-keeps-going-going-081424954--nba.html

So, go figure. A player from Marquette is one of the biggest stories after one game of this Chicago-Miami series, and his name is not Dwyane Wade.

''He's in shape,'' said Wade, who scored 1,281 points in his two Marquette seasons - four points more than Butler had in his three seasons there. ''The guy is in shape. To be able to play that many minutes in a row, obviously a lot of guys can't do that. And still be aggressive on the offensive end, and defensively be able to guard different guys, he's special in that sense. That's why Marquette chose him.''

IWB
05-08-2013, 09:17 AM
That's why Marquette chose him.''

Awesome line Trevor!

Markedman
05-08-2013, 10:32 AM
Buzz should send that article to recruits.....

Goose85
05-08-2013, 11:43 AM
I love the rep, or should I say brand that Buzz has created at MU and that Jimmy Butler is now helping to promote by his stellar play and iron man performance.

Our tourney success, Buzz's exposure, along with the success of a guy like Jimmy Butler is huge. It should not only help with recruits, I think it will help Vander get drafted and be given a legit shot at making a team. Should also help Jamil Wilson next year as well.

Doesn't hurt having Jimmy covering either LeBron or D-Wade. A ton of MU exposure in this series.

MUMac
05-08-2013, 12:13 PM
I love the rep, or should I say brand that Buzz has created at MU and that Jimmy Butler is now helping to promote by his stellar play and iron man performance.

Our tourney success, Buzz's exposure, along with the success of a guy like Jimmy Butler is huge. It should not only help with recruits, I think it will help Vander get drafted and be given a legit shot at making a team. Should also help Jamil Wilson next year as well.

Doesn't hurt having Jimmy covering either LeBron or D-Wade. A ton of MU exposure in this series.

In some ways, it's a shame Wes is in Portland. Imagine Wes in the East and in a major city. He would add the pub for Marquette. Being out west, and on bad Trailblazer team, sometimes that gets limited.

Gato78
05-08-2013, 12:24 PM
I hope Jimmy's success gets another look for Lazar. They are similar players and Lazar is Marquette Tough as well.

mufan2003
05-08-2013, 01:24 PM
MUMac, good point regarding Wes Matthews. He has really played well for a Portland team over the last couple years. No playoffs last year or this year along with playing on the West Coast has sort of kept him under the radar to those out East and in the Midwest.

Nukem2
05-08-2013, 01:37 PM
I hope Jimmy's success gets another look for Lazar. They are similar players and Lazar is Marquette Tough as well.

True, though Jimmy is taller and longer.

TheSultan
05-08-2013, 01:38 PM
True, though Jimmy is taller and longer.

And quicker.

Nukem2
05-08-2013, 01:43 PM
And quicker.

That is true....Jimmy simply is more athletic.

CaribouJim
05-08-2013, 04:09 PM
MUMac, good point regarding Wes Matthews. He has really played well for a Portland team over the last couple years. No playoffs last year or this year along with playing on the West Coast has sort of kept him under the radar to those out East and in the Midwest.

They have some other good young players, including this year's ROY, but have been bitten by the injury bug. I wouldn't be surprised if they break through next year. At least I hope so. I hope Wesley heals up too.

CaribouJim
05-08-2013, 04:16 PM
That is true....Jimmy simply is more athletic.

That is the last thing that came to mind - quick and athletic - the first few times I saw him at MU. At the time, I thought he was kind of slow and lumbering and not made for Big East play, but he sure did progress at a nice, steady and consistent pace.

TheSultan
05-08-2013, 04:25 PM
That is the last thing that came to mind - quick and athletic - the first few times I saw him at MU. At the time, I thought he was kind of slow and lumbering and not made for Big East play, but he sure did progress at a nice, steady and consistent pace.

I think what happened to JFB at MU, and at Chicago, is that he took his time to kind of figure things out and "let the game come to him." (yay...basketball cliches!!!) But once he got the lay of the land, he felt more comfortable.

I think the opposite of this is Vander, who seemed to operate a full speed and had to be slowed down.