PDA

View Full Version : Broeker tweets...scheduling

GOMU1104
05-08-2013, 08:48 AM
"I can confirm @JonRothstein's report. Likely to play New Mexico in Vegas at MGM Grand in late December. Many details to finalize. #mubb"

"On the topic of scheduling. We have one game to finalize. It will be a home game and won't draw much interest on twitter. #mubb"

Have a feeling the 2nd tweet is MB being sarcastic. Who knows.

IWB
05-08-2013, 08:50 AM
As posted on premium board a few weeks ago, could be UCLA at home.

CaribouJim
05-08-2013, 08:51 AM
Is OSU a done deal as well?

TheSultan
05-08-2013, 08:51 AM
So does that mean that Broeker was hedging his bets by the "won't draw much interest on Twitter" line?

MUMac
05-08-2013, 09:00 AM
So does that mean that Broeker was hedging his bets by the "won't draw much interest on Twitter" line?

Tongue in cheek is more likely.

ge1974
05-08-2013, 09:07 AM
I want U-C-L-A and the Bruins! Yes, I sometimes still live in the 70's. UCLA was the nastiest four letter word in college basketball back in the 60's and 70's decades. There was UCLA...and everyone else. If you made it to the NCAA Final as runner-up, you were actually sort of considered to be the "team of the year" in college basketball.

All-time winningest college basketball decades:
1) Kentucky 50's
2) UCLA 70's
3) Marquette 70's

GOMU1104
05-08-2013, 09:09 AM
Ohio State
Arizona State
New Mexico
UW
UWM
UWGB
Tournament
One more potentially?

I'll take it.

IWB
05-08-2013, 09:15 AM
Is OSU a done deal as well?

Home and home with OSU and ASU are done. This year at ASU, home vs OSU, next year at OSU, home vs ASU.

Goose85
05-08-2013, 09:53 AM
UCLA would be awesome.

Need to ugrade non conference to offset the loss of Louisville / ND / Syracuse / Pitt / Uconn.
Cincy and Xavier somewhat offset. OSU, UCLA and ASU help to offset. Ball State, if that takes the place of a 300RPI type buy game is a big help too.

Any talk of a conference challenge? We have 10 teams and the Big 12 has 10 teams. I think that would be a pretty good match.

CaribouJim
05-08-2013, 10:03 AM
UCLA would be awesome.

Need to ugrade non conference to offset the loss of Louisville / ND / Syracuse / Pitt / Uconn.
Cincy and Xavier somewhat offset. OSU, UCLA and ASU help to offset. Ball State, if that takes the place of a 300RPI type buy game is a big help too.

Any talk of a conference challenge? We have 10 teams and the Big 12 has 10 teams. I think that would be a pretty good match.

Totally agree on both counts Goose.

On the scheduling front - hope our fellow BE brethren follow suit. At the birth of the original BE they held teams' feet to the fire (literally for sake of amusing Mayor Beluga) on having a robust non-conference schedule and that was way before the importance of RPI and other metrics.

I was thinking the same thing on the Big 12 with their 10 teams as well.

MU/Panther
05-08-2013, 12:57 PM
Ohio State
Arizona State
New Mexico
UW
UWM
UWGB
Tournament
One more potentially?

I'll take it. I haven't heard anything about MU playing Green Bay or Milwaukee.

Nukem2
05-08-2013, 01:07 PM
I haven't heard anything about MU playing Green Bay or Milwaukee.

Wasn't last years MKE game pushed off due to the Carrier Classic game with OSU...?

MU_Iceman
05-08-2013, 01:20 PM
I believe someone also mentioned MU would be playing Ball State at home.

WindyCityGoldenEagle
05-08-2013, 02:29 PM
I believe someone also mentioned MU would be playing Ball State at home.

My guess is you can thank Brian Hardin for getting the ball rolling on this....He's an MU alum and now the deputy AD at Ball State. I'm obviously biased here as he's one of my best friends but I think he's going to do a nice job at Ball State.

MU/Panther
05-08-2013, 02:33 PM
Wasn't last years MKE game pushed off due to the Carrier Classic game with OSU...?

Yes, but last year's match-up was the going to be a start of a new deal. Milwaukee & Marquette was done with the 4-1 deal.

Milwaukee & Green Bay will want and should want a home game out of the deal.

TheSultan
05-08-2013, 02:45 PM
Yes, but last year's match-up was the going to be a start of a new deal. Milwaukee & Marquette was done with the 4-1 deal.

Milwaukee & Green Bay will want and should want a home game out of the deal.

They may want it...but if I were MU I wouldn't make a deal with it.

Goose85
05-08-2013, 02:49 PM
Now way would I ever schedule a game to be played at the Klotche.

Nukem2
05-08-2013, 03:17 PM
Now way would I ever schedule a game to be played at the Klotche.
The new AD was reported by JS to be considering going back to the Arena.

MU/Panther
05-08-2013, 03:56 PM
The Panthers will be back at the Cell.

MU/Panther
05-08-2013, 03:57 PM
They may want it...but if I were MU I wouldn't make a deal with it. MU, shouldn't make the deal because they can't give up road games.

Goose85
05-08-2013, 04:16 PM
MU's non conference scheduling will have to be different with the NBE than the old.

Playing Wisconsin and now adding Ohio State, Arizona State, Ball State, playing in a tournament and possibly adding UCLA doesn't leave a lot of room to play both UWM and UWGB on an annual basis, especially if they want return games at some point. I could see MU playing UWM / UWGB on an alternating year basis going forward.

MUBB713
05-08-2013, 04:21 PM
The Panthers will be back at the Cell.

Too hot of a ticket at the klotche ? Isn't it possible to build one behind the dorm/klotche area. Why move back to a dirty old arena that smells like urine.

TheSultan
05-08-2013, 04:26 PM
Too hot of a ticket at the klotche ? Isn't it possible to build one behind the dorm/klotche area. Why move back to a dirty old arena that smells like urine.

Because Klotchke would make a nice high school gym and building a new one takes money that they don't have.

MU/Panther
05-08-2013, 09:15 PM
I love the Cell! It doesn't have the urine smell anymore.