PDA

View Full Version : Great Bulls/Heat Game...Jimmy B...

CaribouJim
05-06-2013, 08:42 PM
...having a heck of a game on both sides of the court. Playing exceptional D against primarily LBJ.

This Bulls team reminds me of the MU team Lazar's senior year. Undersized and undermanned and somehow remain more than competitive.

Coach T and Buzz are cut from the same cloth.

CaribouJim
05-06-2013, 08:56 PM
You could make argument that JB was player of the game - 21 points - 13 boards - exceptional D - and of course 48 minutes.

Mark Miller
05-06-2013, 08:58 PM
Exceptional performance by Jimmy Butler. Bulls are very enjoyable team to watch.

Gato78
05-06-2013, 09:00 PM
Just had that discussion with Mrs Gato. Seemed they were focusing on Robinson but Jimmy had an awesome line and played great D. He played tremendously tonight. Marquette tough.

CaribouJim
05-06-2013, 09:06 PM
I wonder if you gave Buzz truth serum would he give up Jimmy B as his favorite MU player thus far as MU's coach. Check that, JB had 14 boards. First 2 questions in presser were about JB.

CaribouJim
05-06-2013, 10:11 PM
Shaq and Charles complementing Jimmy B and Buzz at halftime of the Spurs/Warriors game. "Buzz Williams is one heck of a coach" or something close to that per Charles Barkley.

be69
05-06-2013, 10:15 PM
TNT halftime show for Spurs/Golden State Game had highlights from Bulls game. They showed Jimmy's three over Wade from the right corner and Chuck says "Marquette on Marquette, buzz Wiiliams is a great coach"

DOH! Curse my slow thumbs on my iPad, you beat me to it

CaribouJim
05-06-2013, 10:28 PM
TNT halftime show for Spurs/Golden State Game had highlights from Bulls game. They showed Jimmy's three over Wade from the right corner and Chuck says "Marquette on Marquette, buzz Wiiliams is a great coach"

DOH! Curse my slow thumbs on my iPad, you beat me to it

Spurs/Warriors game is really entertaining as well - Curry and Thompson - geez - they both can shoot from anywhere. Bogut reclaiming his career.

mufan2003
05-06-2013, 11:11 PM
21 points, leading rebounder with 14 boards and 3rd straight playoff game playing all 48 minutes....48 minutes guarding LeBron and then Wade when LeBron sits. I am sure there will be more 48 minute games for Butler in this series. Incredible!

All while Derrick Rose continues to inexplicably sit.

bleedbluegold03
05-07-2013, 12:44 AM
I now officially have a bet with Alex that I think Blue slips into the first round.

If so, he owes Jimmy a bit of dough

bleedbluegold03
05-07-2013, 01:07 AM
Some telling stats for JFB:

he has the second highest Win Shares for the Bulls and the top honor /48 minutes and also is the most efficient offensive player on the bulls, with the highest offensive Wins Shares, True Shooting Percentage and Offensive Rating overall.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CHI/2013.html

Goose85
05-07-2013, 09:10 AM
I now officially have a bet with Alex that I think Blue slips into the first round.

If so, he owes Jimmy a bit of dough

I was thinking the same thing. I think Jimmy's playoff play could really helping Vander's stock, especially seeing that Wes is that glue type of guy too.

Vander would be great for a team drafting toward the end of round 1 that needs a 'JFB' type of guy. For a team that is already good and has scorers, Vander is a good fit. Come in, play D, work hard and take it to the hoop some.