PDA

View Full Version : Indian Hills - MPG

Phantom Warrior
05-06-2013, 06:35 AM
I've mentioned previously that Jameel averaged "only" 23.1 mpg this past season, which is true. However, it turns out that his mpg was the highest on the team. It turns out that 12 different players averaged at least 8.0 mpg. Also, seven of the sophomores have received D-1 scholarships for next season.

Here's kind of an overview:

Jameel - 23.1 mpg

Jelan Kendrick (UNLV) 20.6 mpg

Dustin Hogue (Iowa State) 19.8 mpg

Ronald Ross (Middle Tennessee) 18.5 mpg

Justin Moss (Freshman) 18.0 mpg

Frank Williams (Soph) 17.1 mpg

Trinson White (UWM) 14.9 mpg

Richard Arnadi (Iowa State) 11.4 mpg

Rawane Ndiaye (Tennessee) 7.4 mpg in 13 games (injured half the season)

It appears to me that the coach, by design, had every player sit out at least three or four games during the season as no player played in every game.

Anyway,for me looking at the rest of the roster's playing time, it put Jameel's seemingly paltry 23.1 mpg in a new perspective.

It truly is a shame that this team was banned from post-season play.

GOMU1104
05-06-2013, 07:06 AM
"It appears to me that the coach, by design, had every player sit out at least three or four games during the season as no player played in every game."

By design? How do you figure that?

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
05-06-2013, 07:31 AM
I knew a few members missed games due to the fight that occurred.

Phantom Warrior
05-06-2013, 09:30 AM
IH won four games by 50 points or more (50, 51, 56, 58) and another four games by 31, 34, 35, and 36. I think in some of those games the coach rested/did not play some players so that others would get more minutes. I can't prove that, and I did not look at which games certain indivduals missed, but that's an inference I've drawn.

IWB
05-06-2013, 09:42 AM
Many kids go to Jucos to get exposure, hoping to get a D1 schollie. If you are playing a team that you know you will beat by 50, and your top 5 are already committed, I could easily see you sitting these 2-3 guys to feature the backups for some coaches that are coming to see them play.

Juco ball is a totally different world.