PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Butler

IWB
05-03-2013, 07:02 AM
Jimmy Butler last night in game six of a playoff series.... 48 minutes, 17 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists, 1 steal, 1 block.

WindyCityGoldenEagle
05-03-2013, 07:09 AM
was all over the place and incredibly active on both ends---looked real solid. All he needs is to keep boosting his confidence with the jump shot. He's going to be making a lot of money in this league for a long time. People here are already saying he's one of the best defenders in the league.

The Reptile
05-03-2013, 07:20 AM
It took him a couple of years to become a leader in college. Seems that elevating his game by next year would be in keeping with his college pattern.

be69
05-03-2013, 08:15 AM
It took him a couple of years to become a leader in college. Seems that elevating his game by next year would be in keeping with his college pattern.

This.

Jimmy's pro career is mirroring his college career. I noticed that earlier this season. Biggest difference this year is confidence. Confidence in himself, from his coach, teammates and with the system.

Stacy King had a great comment about Jimmy last night during the telecast. He said some other players on the Bulls will need to start guarding because Jimmy can't guard everyone.

Markedman
05-03-2013, 10:39 AM
Evan Daniels tweeted during the game "Jimmy Butler is quickly becoming one of my favorite NBA players. Whats not to like?"

CaribouJim
05-03-2013, 03:02 PM
Interesting - the Bulls lost by 3 and Jimmy's +/- was -3. He guarded Joe Johnson for much of the game. Joe Johnson's +/- was 0. Almost a wash between the two from a team perspective. I just wish JB made a couple almost bunnies that he missed last night - could have made a difference.

bleedbluegold03
05-03-2013, 03:42 PM
Jimmy played all 48 minutes so of course his +/- will be reflective of the score...

while that's a good line for a 3rd year player, ultimately if he had shot a bit more effectively, it could have swung the final decision. Crazy to think he's progressed to the point that I think he could improve upon that line. Quickly ascending to the 2nd best Marquette player in the NBA; to date, it may be a wash between him and Matthews, but Butler clearly has the better upside moving forward (not to mention a bigger market).

Mucrisco
05-03-2013, 04:07 PM
Evan Daniels tweeted during the game "Jimmy Butler is quickly becoming one of my favorite NBA players. Whats not to like?"
He plays for the Bulls.

TheSultan
05-03-2013, 04:12 PM
Jimmy played all 48 minutes so of course his +/- will be reflective of the score...

while that's a good line for a 3rd year player, ultimately if he had shot a bit more effectively, it could have swung the final decision. Crazy to think he's progressed to the point that I think he could improve upon that line. Quickly ascending to the 2nd best Marquette player in the NBA; to date, it may be a wash between him and Matthews, but Butler clearly has the better upside moving forward (not to mention a bigger market).

If you look at these active rosters side-by-side, it is pretty miraculous that Chicago is even alive at this point. Thibideau (sp) is a really, really good coach.

be69
05-03-2013, 10:50 PM
For those of you in Chicago there is a special feature on Jimmy's story. It airs at 6pm during the Comcast Sports Network pregame. I believe it's entitled "The Long And Winding Road"

pbiflyer
05-04-2013, 08:14 AM
was all over the place and incredibly active on both ends---looked real solid. All he needs is to keep boosting his confidence with the jump shot. He's going to be making a lot of money in this league for a long time. People here are already saying he's one of the best defenders in the league.
No knock on Jimmy, but this shows you how bad defense is in the NBA. Obviously, he a very good defender, but he has been in the league only a couple years. He will learn and get even better in the coming years. If they are impressed now, imagine what they will say then.
Also, shows how good of a coach he had in college! ;)
I think he compares with Bruce Bowen, except Butler has an offensive game as well, making him more valuable. As you say, he will make good money for a long time.

TheSultan
05-04-2013, 08:27 AM
No knock on Jimmy, but this shows you how bad defense is in the NBA.

??? Defense in the NBA is pretty much the best it ever has been. In fact, that is part of the NBA's problem.

Let me also add that it really isn't unheard of for a player like Butler to make an impact defensively. Young, long, quick players who are willing and able to defend some into the league regularly. You just don't hear much about them.

ziggysfryboy
05-04-2013, 12:55 PM
Solid defense is the same horse Wesley rode into the league.