PDA

View Full Version : I am sure of one thing...........

Gato78
03-11-2012, 05:00 PM
Somehow we will get screwed. We always do. That is my prediction.

MUMac
03-11-2012, 06:06 PM
Murray St. at Louisville. That could be the "screw". Other than that, I am satisfied.

Gato78
03-11-2012, 06:07 PM
Totally surprised. We have a good location and could not ask for a better 1st Round match up. Murray St and Missouri are tough but beatable and match up for us if we are so lucky.

Gato78
03-11-2012, 06:09 PM
Murray State is a good match up, despite location. Hope Louisville fans are loving the conference. They should be with us even against Murray State.

MUMac
03-11-2012, 06:11 PM
I liked the comment on CBS, and seemed to be full agreement, that the winner of the MU/Mizzou game will go to the Final 4. We owe them. I am sure Buzz will remember well.

MUMac
03-11-2012, 06:22 PM
I find it interesting that the potential Sweet 16 games for the West Regional in Phoenix are MSU, Mizzou, Marquette and Louisville. Really shows how weak the West is for College Basketball right now.

Markedman
03-11-2012, 06:37 PM
BYU/Iona will not be easy but I like the draw as a whole

The bad.....the UK fans will all be in Louisville and they will root hard for Murray State so it will be like a road game.

mufansince72
03-11-2012, 10:33 PM
Murray State is a good match up, despite location. Hope Louisville fans are loving the conference. They should be with us even against Murray State.

yeah, but the arena will be filled with KY fans, not Louisville fans. They probably are still pissed about the last two times we faced them. They will be loud for Murray State.

Tmreddevil
03-12-2012, 08:21 AM
No twin NBA seven footers this year. Phew. I'm fine with anything else.

CaribouJim
03-12-2012, 09:05 AM
yeah, but the arena will be filled with KY fans, not Louisville fans. They probably are still pissed about the last two times we faced them. They will be loud for Murray State.

Actually the last three times - MU now leads the series 6 -4 - the most games played between two teams in the history of the NCAA tourney.

Gato78
03-12-2012, 09:10 AM
I think there will be a lot of Louisville fans in the house. When we host, MU fans dominate the lower bowl. I am sure a lot of the Louisville fans will be selling to Kentucky fans but we should get some help from our conference bretheren.

Goose85
03-12-2012, 09:31 AM
I disagree Gato - I don't think there will be very many Lousiville fans in the house.
I don't udnerstand this, but Louisville is hosting a Thursday - Sat region and the NCAA has them scheduled to play on Thursday - near the MU time slot.

When Wisconsin played in the region hosted at the Bradley Center it was terrible as so many sold to Wisconsin fans so you didn't really get the NCAA tourney feel as it was more like a Badger home game (I sold my tickets on day two for well over face to Badger fans).

Especially with Louisville playing on Thursday, my guess is Louisville fans will sell their tickets to the first session if they can.
Could lead to a less than full stadium as Kentucky doesn't play until session 2 and I think many may not show. Could also lead to a huge Murray State crowd.

You want cheap tickets for the first session? Get on the Louisville boards as I'd guess they would rather be watching their team than MU v. Iona / BYU.

IWB
03-12-2012, 10:27 AM
I thought that was a rule for cities/teams hosting games, that you play in the off day?

The "Pod" system sucks. Oh, I'm sorry, I meant the "Duke and UNC always get to play at home" system sucks.

Goose85
03-12-2012, 10:41 AM
The "Pod" system sucks. Oh, I'm sorry, I meant the "Duke and UNC always get to play at home" system sucks.

Man did you nail that one. Interesing how Greensboro will have both North Carolina and Duke playing there. Really?
Last year both played opening rounds in Charlotte.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
03-12-2012, 10:42 AM
First round tickets should be had for very good prices, it's the 2nd round game that your gonna take it in the shorts for... Being in the same session with UK means $$$

Gato78
03-12-2012, 10:53 AM
Goo: Thursday isn't the issue, Saturday is the day. Since it is very likely the Kentucky fans will be rooting against us, if we are so fortunate, need the Louisville fans to go with us. Likely we will be evening game Saturday. Hope Louisville plays Saturdat afternoon.

Note bar dice rule: Never snicker. We hope we are there Saturday.