PDA

View Full Version : Noskowiak Story

IWB
04-30-2013, 11:36 PM
Here you go, sorry for the delay.....

http://www.brewcityball.com/forums/content.php?605-Sun-Prairie-s-Nick-Noskowiak-Commits-to-Marquette

warriorfan4life
04-30-2013, 11:43 PM
You could have taken your time and put out an excellent story, or you could have written a two graf blurb (http://www.jsonline.com/sports/goldeneagles/point-guard-noskowiak-commits-to-marquette-early-969pfqt-205504631.html) with Noskowiak's Twitter page as the primary source.

mufansince72
04-30-2013, 11:48 PM
Thanks Jim!

Cooby Snacks
05-01-2013, 12:19 AM
Never doubt the power of Sobelman's.

"With most recruits, there seems to be a specific time and place where they know they are ready to make a decision. With Noskowiak, it was half way through the visit after dining at Sobleman’s."

bergamont
05-01-2013, 08:01 AM
I ate at Sobelman's for the first time about two months ago. The bloody mary with the slider attached sold me on the place. The parking lot even has character.

Djgoldnboy
05-01-2013, 08:07 AM
"Guys like Davante, Juan – they really told me what I wanted to know"

Juan still pitching the program even on his way out....what a stand up kid.

(Apologies to IWB, just saw the premium story, great minds think alike!!!)

Halo
05-01-2013, 08:19 AM
"Guys like Davante, Juan – they really told me what I wanted to know"

Juan still pitching the program even on his way out....what a stand up kid.

Great story and welcome aboard Nick! Wait-how is Juan telling him things if he was Buzzcut? Exhibit A for when UW fans say Juan was Buzzcut. Still promoting the program shows what he feels about MU and Buzz still and the fact Buzz allows him to be a part of it sums it up also.

MUBasketball
05-01-2013, 10:02 AM
You could have taken your time and put out an excellent story, or you could have written a two graf blurb (http://www.jsonline.com/sports/goldeneagles/point-guard-noskowiak-commits-to-marquette-early-969pfqt-205504631.html) with Noskowiak's Twitter page as the primary source.

Seriously! I just checked the JSOnline. I figured Hunt's article was preliminary last night and there would be a bigger, final edition today. Nope. Simply a 3 sentence story. Wow.

Goose85
05-01-2013, 10:21 AM
Welcome Nick! Very excited about this commit. He will fit in very nicely in De Wilson's open slot.

Markedman
05-01-2013, 10:54 AM
"I think I got to know Davante when he hit me with a ball screen"......nice...lol

MayorBeluga
05-01-2013, 10:56 AM
Never doubt the power of Sobelman's.

"With most recruits, there seems to be a specific time and place where they know they are ready to make a decision. With Noskowiak, it was half way through the visit after dining at Sobleman’s."

Imagine what Buzz's recruiting could be if he gets them to Real Chili!

pbiflyer
05-01-2013, 11:51 AM

But there was a picture! Plus you can't expect him to actually call and talk directly to the recruit. That would be next to impossible.

mufan2003
05-01-2013, 01:53 PM
Great article Jim! Appreciate the info. Congrats to Buzz, staff and players for landing Nick. I love Buzz's philosophy of "big guards" and switchables anywhere from 6'4" to 6'9". With Nick being a legit 6'3" now, with his skills still developing and maybe even his height too, he will be quite an asset for MU when he arrives on campus in 2015. Dare I say Michael Carter-Williams height (6'5") by the time he is a freshman at MU?

dubs98
05-01-2013, 02:06 PM
How tall are his parents? Is he still growing. 6'3" 170/180 is really good size for a sophomore. Heck that is pretty good size as a senior. A kid who is 170/80 at that age generally has a frame that can pretty easily put on some weight if needed. I look forward to watching him progress.

Dare I say Michael Carter-Williams height (6'5") by the time he is a freshman at MU?[/QUOTE]