PDA

View Full Version : Schedule

mufansince72
04-27-2013, 11:34 AM
Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein 1m
Buzz Williams continues to relentlessly schedule for Marquette. Ohio State, at Wisconsin, at Arizona State, 76 Classic + one more BCS game.

kneelb4zerg
04-27-2013, 11:55 AM
We're getting tOSU at home? That would be cool.

Nukem2
04-27-2013, 12:15 PM
Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein 1m
Buzz Williams continues to relentlessly schedule for Marquette. Ohio State, at Wisconsin, at Arizona State, 76 Classic + one more BCS game.Could that BCS game be New Mexico...?

MUMac
04-27-2013, 12:18 PM
Mountain West is not a BCS Conference.

MUAlphaBangura
04-27-2013, 12:43 PM
Could that BCS game be New Mexico...?

Nukem, they are still working on that game, which would be played in Vegas at the MGM Grand. Also hearing that UCLA @ home or Duke @ MSG are possibilities, but more than likely, only one of those will get done. Also a home game with Ball St.

Nukem2
04-27-2013, 12:51 PM
Mountain West is not a BCS Conference.
Technically not from a conference perspective, though the top teams are of BCS quality in BB......

mufansince72
04-27-2013, 12:52 PM
Anonymous Eagle ‏@AnonymousEagle 1m
SWEET! #mubb RT @mikebroeker: Scheduling with coach Buzz is a lot of fun. Ohio State and Arizona State added to slate. Home-and-homes.

MUMac
04-27-2013, 12:52 PM
Technically not from a conference perspective, though the top teams are of BCS quality in BB......

When there is talk of scheduling another BCS school, they are talking in terms of conferences. Sorry, but New Mexico is not thought of as a BCS school.

At any rate, MUAlphaBangura said UCLA or Duke are potentials. They ARE BCS Schools.

mufansince72
04-27-2013, 12:55 PM
Expand
Mike Broeker ‏@mikebroeker 2m
@MarquetteHoops OSU here; ASU there.

kneelb4zerg
04-27-2013, 01:13 PM
Isn't Arizona St also in the Anaheim Classic field?

Nukem2
04-27-2013, 01:28 PM
When there is talk of scheduling another BCS school, they are talking in terms of conferences. Sorry, but New Mexico is not thought of as a BCS school.

At any rate, MUAlphaBangura said UCLA or Duke are potentials. They ARE BCS Schools.Understand that. Just saying that NM is the equal of many BCS BB schools from a competitive standpoint ( particularly at The Pit ) and would be equally attractive from a scheduling standpoint. I would prefer NM over ASU.

MUMac
04-27-2013, 01:28 PM

Good catch. Yes they are.

MU/Panther
04-27-2013, 01:30 PM

The field for the seventh annual tournament includes Arizona State, College of Charleston, Creighton, George Washington, Marquette, Miami and San Diego State. The eighth team will be announced at a later date.

MU/Panther
04-27-2013, 01:31 PM
Nukem, they are still working on that game, which would be played in Vegas at the MGM Grand. Also hearing that UCLA @ home or Duke @ MSG are possibilities, but more than likely, only one of those will get done. Also a home game with Ball St. Didn't see that anywhere. You must have some inside info.

MUBasketball
04-27-2013, 01:49 PM
That's pretty unusual...Marquette will be in a holiday tournament with a team in their conference and another team they have a non-conference game with.

ValiantSailor
04-27-2013, 01:57 PM
I need a countdown timer. Gonna be a fun season!

VS

MUAlphaBangura
04-27-2013, 02:07 PM
Didn't see that anywhere. You must have some inside info.

Neither is a done deal so you won't see anything until it is confirmed. There are some logistical things that need to be ironed out. That is why I stated they are possibilities. And as I said, likely only one of those games happens.

MU/Panther
04-27-2013, 05:31 PM
If I would pick one of the two, I would take UCLA at the Bradley Center, than Duke at MSG. How great would that be for season-ticket holders and the MU fan base to have UCLA coming in.

ValiantSailor
04-27-2013, 06:05 PM
How great would that be for season-ticket holders and the MU fan base to have UCLA coming in.

I know they were at Marquette for the '64 Milwaukee Classic. Have they been there since?

VS

MUMac
04-27-2013, 06:45 PM
I know they were at Marquette for the '64 Milwaukee Classic. Have they been there since?

VS

I believe that is the last time MU played UCLA. The top two teams in the '70's and MU never met UCLA in the tourney. Of course, UCLA always had a much easier route to the tournament and MU would have only played them in the Final 4. The year they both made it, UCLA lost to NCST in the Semifinals.

IWB
04-27-2013, 07:52 PM
Didn't see that anywhere. You must have some inside info.

Bangura is spot on, knows what he is talking about. Would like to get two of those three if they can.

@ Wisconsin
@ Arizona State

Home vs Ohio State
Home vs Ball State

Possible.....

New Mexico @ Vegas
Duke @ NYC
UCLA @ home

I would prefer New Mexico and UCLA as I don't want to give the ACC the satisfaction of playing in MSG.

kneelb4zerg
04-27-2013, 08:35 PM
Doesn't Duke play St Johns in MSG every year anyway? I'll take the Duke game.

TheSultan
04-27-2013, 09:10 PM
Oh I'd play Duke at MSG...but I'd play anybody pretty much anywhere.

MU/Panther
04-28-2013, 07:22 AM
I would think MU wants and needs the home game versus UCLA. MU, now plays seven non-conference games at the BC. It would be Ohio State, UCLA and 5 other games at the BC. 3 games in Anaheim, @ Wisconsin, @ Arizona State and New Mexico in Las Vegas to reach 13 non-conference games.

MUBasketball
05-08-2013, 10:19 PM
MU @ Arizona State -- Monday, November 18th

Andrew Gruman ‏@AndrewGruman 1h

During a call with season ticket holders tonight, #ASU coach Herb Sendek said Marquette is coming to Tempe on Nov. 18. #mubb

kneelb4zerg
05-09-2013, 11:34 AM
Andrew Gruman ‏@AndrewGruman 14m

Told date #ASU coach Herb Sendek gave for the Marquette game in Tempe was wrong. Will be closer to Anaheim tournament to aid travel. #mubb

CaribouJim
05-09-2013, 01:34 PM
Andrew Gruman ‏@AndrewGruman 14m

Told date #ASU coach Herb Sendek gave for the Marquette game in Tempe was wrong. Will be closer to Anaheim tournament to aid travel. #mubb

So the 18th is not the right date? A Saturday would make for a great road trip. Went to the 'Zona game years ago and that made for a fun trip.

MU/Panther
05-09-2013, 01:59 PM
I'm hearing it's Monday Nov. 25 the week of the DirecTV Classic.

MUAlphaBangura
05-11-2013, 07:12 AM
Southern, Grambling and Farleigh Dickinson are a few of our "buy" games next season. Don't know for sure if we will give Ball State a return game at some point.

MU/Panther
05-11-2013, 07:30 AM
Southern, Grambling and Farleigh Dickinson are a few of our "buy" games next season. Don't know for sure if we will give Ball State a return game at some point. Like I said before, you must have some great insight! Keep it up with the schedule news.

I hope MU doesn't give Ball State a return game. If your going to do a return game with a mid-major, it better be Milwaukee or Green Bay.

kneelb4zerg
05-11-2013, 07:41 AM
Southern, Grambling and Farleigh Dickinson are a few of our "buy" games next season. Don't know for sure if we will give Ball State a return game at some point.

Southern wasn't too bad last year but Grambling was dead last in RPI and FD was 298

Goose85
05-11-2013, 08:18 AM
Need to stay away from teams with projected RPIs in that range.

kneelb4zerg
05-11-2013, 08:32 AM
Need to stay away from teams with projected RPIs in that range.

Bound to have a couple I suppose. Last year we had five in the 200s . UMBC was 297, Colgate 252, miss St 228, SELU 224, DePaul 202z

DCwarrior
05-11-2013, 08:59 AM
Every team has a few on the schedule. You'd just hope that teams from your own conference wouldn't be included in the group. Is it too much to ask for DePaul to simply be bad instead of historically bad.

MU_Iceman
05-11-2013, 09:38 AM
Every team has a few on the schedule. You'd just hope that teams from your own conference wouldn't be included in the group. Is it too much to ask for DePaul to simply be bad instead of historically bad.

Yes! They can't get out of their own way.

MU/Panther
05-11-2013, 01:04 PM
Some of the schools that come to the BC, come at a cheaper cost.

MUAlphaBangura
05-11-2013, 05:31 PM
Like I said before, you must have some great insight! Keep it up with the schedule news.

I hope MU doesn't give Ball State a return game. If your going to do a return game with a mid-major, it better be Milwaukee or Green Bay.
Just doing my part to make Jimmy's site the premiere place to come for MU info and discussion. I, for one, really appreciate the effort Jimmy puts in for all of us.

MU/Panther
05-11-2013, 06:06 PM
Jimmy and Jimmy Lemke on PantherU!

MUMac
05-11-2013, 09:07 PM
Jimmy and Jimmy Lemke on PantherU!

After the crap he posted today, I wish he would stay there. :rolleyes: This board is better than that crap.

MU/Panther
05-12-2013, 10:53 AM
After the crap he posted today, I wish he would stay there. :rolleyes: This board is better than that crap.

What are you talking about? Nothing has been posted since May 9th.

milkbone
05-12-2013, 10:58 AM
What are you talking about? Nothing has been posted since May 9th.
Try the premium board!!!!

MU/Panther
05-12-2013, 03:38 PM
Try the premium board!!!!

Are we talking the MU board? I don't have the premium one, just on PantherU and don't care what was said.

Let's get back on track with this topic. :cool:

MUMac
05-12-2013, 09:49 PM
Are we talking the MU board? I don't have the premium one, just on PantherU and don't care what was said.

Let's get back on track with this topic. :cool:

MANY others do not agree with you. Let's just say, he wore out his welcome fairly quickly and many, including I, have zero respect for the idiot.

MU/Panther
05-13-2013, 11:40 AM
MANY others do not agree with you. Let's just say, he wore out his welcome fairly quickly and many, including I, have zero respect for the idiot.

How can anyone agree or disagree with me, because I didn't say anything because I didn't read what was said, because I don't have the Inside the Al premium part.

MUMac
05-13-2013, 01:42 PM
How can anyone agree or disagree with me, because I didn't say anything because I didn't read what was said, because I don't have the Inside the Al premium part.

You said you "don't care what was (he) said". Many others do care what he said. Thus, they do not agree with you in that they do care what he said. He made pretty much an a$$ out of himself.

MU/Panther
05-13-2013, 02:05 PM
You said you "don't care what was (he) said". Many others do care what he said. Thus, they do not agree with you in that they do care what he said. He made pretty much an a$$ out of himself. I should've said, I don't care to know what he said.

I know Jimmy, so I blow it off in what he has to say at times about Marquette. It's hard for me to get worked up about something that I don't know what it was about. So, I guess I would care.

MUMac
05-13-2013, 02:08 PM
I should've said, I don't care to know what he said.

I know Jimmy, so I blow it off in what he has to say at times about Marquette. It's hard for me to get worked up about something that I don't know what it was about. So, I guess I would care.

Fair enough. And my initial retort was more of a "throw away comment". After your response, I thought I should clarify, as I was not trying to be argumentative.

Now back to your other comment: "Let's get back on track with this topic. :cool:" ...

MU/Panther
05-13-2013, 02:40 PM
Here is what we kind've know......:cool:

Monday, Nov. 25th @ Arizona State

Thursday, Friday and Sunday, Nov. 28, 29 & Dec. 1, in Anaheim, Calif.
The field includes Arizona State, College of Charleston, Creighton, George Washington, Marquette, Miami, San Diego State
& Cal St Fullerton

Dec 7th or 14th @ Wisconsin

Dec 20th ? New Mexico in Las Vegas

Home Games
Ohio State
Ball State ?
Southern ?
Grambling ?
Farleigh Dickinson ?

MUMac
05-13-2013, 03:03 PM
I like the way that schedule looks right now. Add to that one more major Home Game (please be UCLA!), along with Butler, Creighton, Xavier, Georgetown, Nova ... and that is one pleasing home schedule.

MU/Panther
05-13-2013, 03:25 PM
With Providence coming in every year, can we bring the bat back.

By the way, the $100 down for 2013-14 season for the re-seating is due on May 31st for season-ticket holders.

Nukem2
05-13-2013, 03:27 PM
With Providence coming in every year, can we bring the bat back.Could have a good promotion.....The Return of the Bat... :)

MU/Panther
05-17-2013, 09:48 AM
Oklahoma St- Colorado to play at MGM Grand in Las Vegas. I'm guessing this is the same event with Marquette-New Mexico.