PDA

View Full Version : New BE Commissioner interviews

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
04-26-2013, 08:19 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/83975/3-point-shot-big-east-eyes-zaninovich

Looks like next week will be interviews... Anyone else notice that Creighton is talking a lot to the media... Seems like everytime something comes out its from the Creighton AD.

TedBaxter
04-26-2013, 08:30 AM
The Omaha newspaper seems to be the most engaged newspaper as well. Others schools and local newspapers should take note.

IWB
04-26-2013, 08:33 AM
Or is it that the Big East ADs know that these matters need to be kept under wraps until it is time to let the info out, whereas the Creighton AD just keeps talking because when he talked in the MVC, nobody cared?

ValiantSailor
04-26-2013, 08:39 AM
Anyone else notice that Creighton is talking a lot to the media... Seems like everytime something comes out its from the Creighton AD.

It's Omaha....

VS

MUBasketball
04-26-2013, 08:46 AM
Or is it that the Big East ADs know that these matters need to be kept under wraps until it is time to let the info out, whereas the Creighton AD just keeps talking because when he talked in the MVC, nobody cared?

So is Bruce ruffling feathers among his peers with all his chatter?

dubs98
04-26-2013, 09:22 AM
guess you could like at that way. I look at it in that they have a passionate fan base and get a lot of coverage since they are the only show in town. I am encouraged to have a program joining who has such a strong local following. Guess, I don't see the problem with what he said or has said. If they are taking an active role (as was apparent with MU and georgetown when information was only coming from those camps earlier in the year) in making this a successful league than I am all for it.

Goose85
04-26-2013, 09:22 AM
The Omaha newspaper seems to be the most engaged newspaper as well. Others schools and local newspapers should take note.

I think Ted has it, in Omaha the new conference is big sports news and a big story. Not so much in the other cities where there are pro teams, higher profile college teams, etc. Glad to see they are so excited about the new league. Hopefully they help fill the Garden for the tourney.

IWB
04-26-2013, 09:23 AM
I don't know, just a guess on my part. Just that the majority if not all of the other teams are in bigger media markets, yet no one is really speaking to the media but him.

Big East schools have not said much at all to the media.
A-10 incomers have not said much at all to the media.
The lone MVC newcomer is talking.

Could be two reasons. 1) Like I said above, everyone else knows to keep things on the down low. 2) Creighton basketball is about all they have in Omaha, so while here in Milwaukee the media is focusing on the Bucks playoffs, Brewers, Brewers winning streak, Packers, Packers draft, Admirals playoffs and Packers, in Omaha they are talking Creighton, Creighton and Creighton.

dubs98
04-26-2013, 10:36 AM
"in Omaha they are talking Creighton, Creighton and Creighton" --one of the reasons I was excited about having them as part of the new big east when that was being speculated. Can't get better w/out a dedication and passion for doing so. They at least desire to be that program and that is a huge positive.

In regards to the media in milwaukee, IWB you forgot to mention their focus on ping pong, badmitton, and ice fishing which has kept them away from MU coverage:) No offense to those ice fishers out there

MU/Panther
04-26-2013, 11:49 AM
I think Ted has it, in Omaha the new conference is big sports news and a big story. Not so much in the other cities where there are pro teams, higher profile college teams, etc. Glad to see they are so excited about the new league. Hopefully they help fill the Garden for the tourney. Everyone had good points, but I think you hit it on the head!