PDA

View Full Version : Big East will add 2 teams

MUBasketball
04-25-2013, 11:03 PM
"Two more teams will be added to the Big East, we are certain of that, but right now those two teams haven't been decided - but it will be a 12 team conference."

http://www.southorangejuice.com/2013/4/25/4266172/a-conversation-with-seton-hall-athletic-director-pat-lyons-q-a

Markedman
04-26-2013, 10:30 AM
So a 12 team conference with home and homes.....certainly a couple of ways to do this but sure sounds like divisions to me.

If they do it East and West that will not be good for MU. IMO

CaribouJim
04-26-2013, 01:57 PM
So a 12 team conference with home and homes.....certainly a couple of ways to do this but sure sounds like divisions to me.

If they do it East and West that will not be good for MU. IMO

You're right - I would hope that they would realize that would be stupid. One division - 8 mirror games and two singles for 18 total.

Nukem2
04-26-2013, 02:05 PM
What the heck, just play home and home with 22 conference games. A long season, but sure takes care of some scheduling/RPI issues...... :)

ValiantSailor
04-26-2013, 02:20 PM
What the heck, just play home and home with 22 conference games. A long season, but sure takes care of some scheduling/RPI issues...... :)

That actually makes sense. Imagine having meaningful conference games starting in mid-December while everyone else is playing Southwest Nowhere State. Could give the conference RPI a boost, too.

VS

CaribouJim
04-26-2013, 02:21 PM
You're right - I would hope that they would realize that would be stupid. One division - 8 mirror games and two singles for 18 total.

Whoops - that's not right - 7 mirror games and 4 singles although my preference is 16 conference games and add 2 tough non conference games - one on road and one home - depending on who the final two teams will be, RPI may still be a concern. I know it won't happen though - 18 games seems to be the standard now.