PDA

View Full Version : Demetrius Harris NFL Draft profile and interesting spelling of "UWM"

Ryan Ellerbusch
04-22-2013, 05:31 PM
Here's the link:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/demetrius-harris?id=2541187

Overview:

"Harris played forward for the Wisconsin-Milwaukee basketball team. During the 2012-13 season, Harris played in 32 games and averaged 9.1 points a game for the Panthers. Prior to UW-M, Harris was an all-state player in both football and basketball at Jacksonville (Ark.) High School, where he was a part of a state title-winning team in basketball. He had signed to play football at Arkansas State before choosing basketball."

8 NFL teams' scouts were on hand for his Pro Day this past Saturday.

illwauk
04-23-2013, 12:46 PM
I hope this means we're going to be an option for created players on Madden. Yes, the idea of that actually excites me. :D

As for the "UW-M" spelling... I honestly don't mind it given the context. It's NFL.com and we don't have a football team, so there's a bigger chance than usual that people would read UWM as "University of Western Michigan."

Of course, we could always put pressure on the university to finally pull the long overdue trigger on the University of Milwaukee re-brand and end this mess once and for all.

Jimmy Lemke
04-23-2013, 04:08 PM
I hope this means we're going to be an option for created players on Madden. Yes, the idea of that actually excites me. :D

As for the "UW-M" spelling... I honestly don't mind it given the context. It's NFL.com and we don't have a football team, so there's a bigger chance than usual that people would read UWM as "University of Western Michigan."

Of course, we could always put pressure on the university to finally pull the long overdue trigger on the University of Milwaukee re-brand and end this mess once and for all.

Bothers the hell out of me - NFL fans don't live in an NFL bubble. NFL fans watch the NCAA Tournament.

illwauk
04-23-2013, 06:33 PM
Bothers the hell out of me - NFL fans don't live in an NFL bubble. NFL fans watch the NCAA Tournament.

...the tournament we haven't been to in <sigh> seven years.

Perhaps "doesn't bother me" is the wrong wording since even the NCAA itself retroactively refers to us as "Milwaukee" in all of its football records, but I've certainly accepted that these things will continue to happen until our administrators sh~t or get off the pot regarding the schools' name. Unfortunately, like many other things in our city and state, everyone seems to "get it" except for the baby boomers who are still stuck in 1965 and think it's a frivolous issue because it's unfamiliar to them.