PDA

View Full Version : There's a fine line...

bleedbluegold03
04-21-2013, 03:41 PM
Buzz seems to be aiming high this class in terms of top flight, 5 star talent. Given the recent success of the program, I commend him from going for a higher class of player. Unfortunately I'd argue he applied that same concept in the 2011 class and largely missed on the good amount of his prospects, ending with three (to date) rotation type players.

As we are now coming off S16-S16-E8, I think we have a much better chance at cashing in. I hope they can close the deal and bring a new level of talent in to the program.

2013UnleashTheBeast
04-21-2013, 03:49 PM
There's definitely potential to add some incredible pieces to the stellar 2013 class. The junior year for Milwaukee's Best could be one for the ages if the dominoes fall correctly.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
04-22-2013, 11:32 AM
I think it's a calculated risk. In 2014, Buzz will have Johnson, Burton, Duane, and Taylor all as experienced players to go along with what should be a pretty good senior class of Derrick, McKay, and Mayo. Even if he primarily pulls role-players, that's a solid 7-man rotation. If he gets 1-2 of those 5-star or top 4-star talents that extends the rotation. If he needs to shorten it, he's shown the ability to succeed like that before, but when you have 7-8 guys that will have some experience and you feel you can count on, you can gamble on trying to bring in guys like Vaughn, Okonoboh, Hill, and Peak because the payoff would be so massive if you get just one. And if not, there's still hope of landing guys like Travis, White, Lattin, and O'Mara.

If all of them fall through it will probably be a rough class rankings-wise, but I really like our odds of landing at least 1-2 of Stone, Ellenson, and Noskowiak for 2015 and it seems we would at worst be bookending a mediocre class with two very good ones.