PDA

View Full Version : So, what is Lacrosse?

IWB
04-19-2013, 03:45 PM
The MU men's lacrosse team has their first home game Saturday at Hart Park at 7:00 vs Detroit.

So, what is lacrosse? What are the rules? What am I to look for?

Zach Klupchak breaks it all down for us. (http://www.brewcityball.com/forums/content.php?595)

Footnote: Did you know that out East, lacrosse is a HUGE tailgating sport? While I am not sure how the Tosa police and Hart Park will view tailgating, Leff's Lucky Town is right across the street and Chris Leffler is a big MU supporter!

DCwarrior
04-19-2013, 07:59 PM
I went to college with Leff at St. Norbert's. I highly recommend heading to his bar if you haven't been there before...it was my 2nd home back in the day. It's also home of the world's largest urinal.

MU/Panther
04-20-2013, 06:28 AM
I wonder what the crowd will be. The cold weather will not help.

IWB
04-20-2013, 11:54 PM
MU wins 14-9in front of 1,100 fans

MUBasketball
04-21-2013, 01:38 AM
I see they played at Hart Park in 'Tosa. Why aren't they playing at Valley Fields???

mutpm
04-21-2013, 08:01 AM
Valley Fields can't hold 1,100 fans. If they played on the soccer field, they could, but lacrosse is being played on the football field in the valley. There is very limited seating there.

MU/Panther
04-21-2013, 10:33 AM
The women's team played at the Valley.

I think the men's team will as well. The men have only two home games and the big name is Duke on Sunday May 5th at noon. So, they will play there two at Hart Park this season.

IWB
04-21-2013, 12:45 PM
They were expecting a big crowd and Valley Fields could not hold that many, nor could they have handled the parking situation. They had 1,100 and I don't think The Valley would have worked. Had it been warm, they may have had twice that.

I spoke to someone close to the program and they are looking at ways to expand the seating at Valley Fields for next year.

MU/Panther
04-22-2013, 02:55 PM
What does Valley Field hold?

MU Viking
04-22-2013, 04:12 PM
I was there at the game. It was way too cold for enjoyment, but the turnout was awesome and really into it. I saw Gardner, the Wilsons and Otule (and maybe others) there also. Really fun sport to watch and great to see the team get the win vs. the Detroit Titans.

Litehouse
04-22-2013, 05:13 PM
I spoke to someone close to the program and they are looking at ways to expand the seating at Valley Fields for next year.

Are you talking about the turf football field or the grass soccer field?

WindyCityGoldenEagle
04-22-2013, 06:02 PM
Are you talking about the turf football field or the grass soccer field?

Please tell me they arent going to use the grass soccer field?? That will get so torn up and unplayable for the soccer team (if they use it during the same season).

Litehouse
04-22-2013, 09:59 PM
Soccer is in the fall and lacrosse is in the spring. The football field is lined for lacrosse and that's where the club team has always played.

MU/Panther
04-23-2013, 03:00 PM
I was there at the game. It was way too cold for enjoyment, but the turnout was awesome and really into it. I saw Gardner, the Wilsons and Otule (and maybe others) there also. Really fun sport to watch and great to see the team get the win vs. the Detroit Titans.In the photos on gomarquette.com, there was many of the volleyball team at the game.