PDA

View Full Version : Jake Thomas

Nukem2
04-18-2013, 02:37 PM
Jake to return on scholie

http://www.twitter.com/marquetteMBB.com

Marquette
04-18-2013, 02:38 PM
Jimmy had this on the premium board a few days ago.

Nukem2
04-18-2013, 02:43 PM
A good decision as it ties up a scholie for only one year and, obviously, Jake is a known commodity and ingrained in the system.

TedBaxter
04-18-2013, 02:50 PM
Is Belling all over it this afternoon?

MUMac
04-18-2013, 03:10 PM
This really pisses me off. Vander is Buzz cut to open a scholarship for Jake!

IWB
04-18-2013, 03:16 PM
http://youtu.be/_pVTS7_7z8E

Markedman
04-18-2013, 03:17 PM
Why would a guy who was run off return so quickly?

It just doesn't make sense.......I'm sure the badger fans will explain it to us....

Nukem2
04-18-2013, 03:20 PM
Jake's shot and FT against Cuse certainly was well noted last night at the awards dinner...in the intro video...Wainwright talked about it...and Autry talked about it. Nothing like re-inforcing Jake's frame of mind... :)

MUMac
04-18-2013, 03:20 PM
Why would a guy who was run off return so quickly?

It just doesn't make sense.......I'm sure the badger fans will explain it to us....

They are the only ones that are always in the know about other programs. I am awaiting their indepth analysis.

Mark Miller
04-18-2013, 03:50 PM
One of the highlights of the year, no doubt.

I love Boeheim's reaction to the play. Wish I had a great photo of that play. Priceless.

mufansince72
04-18-2013, 03:50 PM
This really pisses me off. Vander is Buzz cut to open a scholarship for Jake!

Well played Mac!

WindyCityGoldenEagle
04-18-2013, 04:09 PM
Consider me a bit confused: Jake says he is leaving to go to a program to get more playing time. Vander leaves and now he is going to get more playing time at MU despite us having mayo and jujuan johnson at the two? Someting isn't adding up here. Either Mayo is gone or buzz and staff do not have much confidence in the mayo/johnson combo and therefore jake is going to get more playing time. We can talk all we want about an insurance policy, him being a good kid to have in the program and I'm not arguing that, but the reason he was leaving was due to lack of playing time so clearly now he is going to be getting more playing time which is a direct indictment on mayo/johnson. Am I missing something here?

IWB
04-18-2013, 04:12 PM
Look at it this way. Next year at the 2G it would have been Vander, Mayo and JaJuan. Vander would have gotten 35 minutes per game. 35! Now Todd and likely Jajuan are looking a serious time, but with Vander gone, that completely ones it wide. MU will also often go with 3 guards. Whether they go with a 2 guard lineup or 3, Vander would have been in 35+. Him leaving opens up 35 minutes. I don't care who gets the majority, Jake will get a lot more than he was looking at two weeks ago.

mufansince72
04-18-2013, 04:16 PM
Consider me a bit confused: Jake says he is leaving to go to a program to get more playing time. Vander leaves and now he is going to get more playing time at MU despite us having mayo and jujuan johnson at the two? Someting isn't adding up here. Either Mayo is gone or buzz and staff do not have much confidence in the mayo/johnson combo and therefore jake is going to get more playing time. We can talk all we want about an insurance policy, him being a good kid to have in the program and I'm not arguing that, but the reason he was leaving was due to lack of playing time so clearly now he is going to be getting more playing time which is a direct indictment on mayo/johnson. Am I missing something here?

Yeah, you are missing the fact that if he was going to stay before the defections that he would be shelling 45 grand out of his own pocket.

kneelb4zerg
04-18-2013, 04:16 PM
I think saying that this is an "indictment on Johnson/Mayo" is quite a stretch. From Buzz's perspective, Thomas has been here for 2 years, he takes a roster spot for only one more year, and he adds depth and provides competition for those two. From Jake's perspective, the opportunity is there, he'll be back on scholarship, and that's better than transferring somewhere else where he isn't as familiar. Win-Win.