PDA

View Full Version : Juan Anderson transferring

MUfan12
04-15-2013, 04:36 PM
Odd timing from MU to announce it...

@MarquetteMBB: #mubb sophomore Juan Anderson, who hopes to move closer to his native California, has been granted his release.

kneelb4zerg
04-15-2013, 04:37 PM
Wow. Did not see that one coming. Goes to show that you can never stop recruiting.

warriorfan4life
04-15-2013, 04:39 PM
Great kid, hopes he kicks ass back on west coast. Could definitely see him at San Diego State.

MUMac
04-15-2013, 04:39 PM
Wow. Did not see that one coming. Goes to show that you can never stop recruiting.

Yep, that one surprised me. I thought with a full off season to develop with out the shoulder issue, he could have taken a big step. He may have felt it was a numbers issue, for playing time, though. Sad to see him leave and I will be watching how he develops.

Nukem2
04-15-2013, 04:40 PM
Juan is caught in a numbers game with Jamil, Steve, Jameel and Deonte.......plus he has often tweeted about the weather here. Thought he was the one to go to get to 13...now at 12.... He and Van are tight, wonder if that will affect Van's view re the NBA...?

warriorfan4life
04-15-2013, 04:42 PM
Juan is caught in a numbers game with Jamil, Steve, Jameel and Deonte.......plus he has often tweeted about the weather here. Thought he was the one to go to get to 13...now at 12.... He and Van are tight, wonder if that will affect Van's view re the NBA...?

Like Jamal, I liked his upside and actually wanted him to redshirt here. PT would have been tougher to come by next year, but like having guys like Juan around as program players is always beneficial.

Goose85
04-15-2013, 04:51 PM
Sad to hear that one as I really think his upside is huge and I think he was really well liked.

He will benefit from having a year to work on his game and then will be dynamite for two years where ever he goes.

Best of luck to Juan, I too will be following his career and cheering for him.

bleedbluegold03
04-15-2013, 04:55 PM
and now the "prop" starter role becomes the kiss of death; Reggie Smith, Erik Williams, Juan Anderson...

bleedbluegold03
04-15-2013, 04:57 PM
I also think he could really excel at a middle-of-the-road PAC 12 team; USC or Cal immediately come to mind

mufansince72
04-15-2013, 04:58 PM
I hate to see this because even though he didn't play a lot, Juan was one of my favorite players.

Phantom Warrior
04-15-2013, 05:07 PM
His enthusiasm on the bench was contagious. I loved watching him react when someone in the game made a critical shot or made a crucial defensive play.

He is one of those kids that is great for chemistry regardless of how many points he scored or rebounds he gathered.

I am really surprised by this news, but nothing really shocks me any more. This does not even begin to compare to ODB's departure after his sophomore year or Jeronne's departure in the middle of the year. For that matter, it is nowhere near as surprising as Mbakwe's skip-to-my-Lou departure a day or two before the start of classes.

Dan Silvestri
04-15-2013, 09:21 PM
Hate to see him go - he was a favorite and always played his heart out. I wish him the best - he deserves it.

Nukem2
04-29-2013, 04:18 PM
Juan tweets he is down to 3 schools

http://www.twitter.com/juanonjuan10

2013UnleashTheBeast
04-29-2013, 10:41 PM
Juan tweets he is down to 3 schools

http://www.twitter.com/juanonjuan10

Whatever happened to his buddy Roderick Bobbitt? I know he went JUCO - did he land somewhere? Could they potentially reunite?