PDA

View Full Version : Does Louisville.......

MUAlphaBangura
03-09-2012, 07:30 AM
Possibly take the 3 seed from us with a win tonight and a good showing in the finals? Kinda worried. Pitino sure knows the secret to getting his guys to play well in conference tourneys.

mufansince72
03-09-2012, 09:42 AM
I think MU already lost the three seed. As of yesterday, MU was the number one three seed. I would have to think we dropped a few spots in the pecking order after yesterday. Lets say they are the number #4 three seed now. The winner of the IU/Wis game most likely will jump to the three line. If Louisville wins another game, they most likely will jump to the three line if they haven't already. I'm pretty comfortable in saying that MU will be a 4

IWB
03-09-2012, 10:28 AM
In my opinion, you should never drop a seed spot for losing in the conference tournament. The seeding should be based on your season & your performance down the stretch, not a neutral site conference tournament game - anything can happen in those games. Now, if someone would go the other way in a conference tournament, like last year's UConn team winning four games in four days, or if Northwestern would have gone on to win the Big 10 tourney - then fine, they should move up, but no one should drop.

Goose85
03-09-2012, 11:00 AM
IWB - You can only move someone up in seed (UConn / Northwestern example) if you drop someone down in seed that the are replacing.

IWB
03-09-2012, 11:03 AM
I understand that, but I mean "drop". if someone slides down a spot because of an impressive performance by someone else, sure, but an epic collapse should not move the top 3 seed down 6 or 7 spots to a low 4 or 5 seed.

Markedman
03-09-2012, 11:43 AM
I doubt Lousiville will pass us but anything is possible. As of today all of the bracket guys still have us at as a solid 3.

MUMac
03-09-2012, 02:14 PM
Solid 3 and will remain that. Were considered the top 3 seed going in. Had a chance to get to a 2 by winning it. A small chance to move off the 3 line, but that will not happen. Today's results will likely cement that.