PDA

View Full Version : Dominican Only School Left

TedBaxter
03-09-2012, 05:44 AM
of the schools remaining in the state tournament with players Marquette seems to be recruiting hard in Wisconsin.

On that note, as much as I like Kendrick Nunn, a pure point guard is more important to the future of this program and you can't win big with an average or below average point guard. I really feel Duane Wilson Jr. is more important right now than Kendrick Nunn based on the need and it was not more evident in the way Louisville dominated MU at the point last night. There's always the chance that a roster spot or two open up and MU could possibly sign both players next year.

MUMac
03-09-2012, 08:00 AM
I am with you. Always been a Wilson fan. I think he could really help. DWilson is not the PG answer. I like his D and tenacity, just not a distributor and is a liability on offense. Really disappointed tonight when it looked like MU was starting to peck away at the lead in the 2nd half and a 3 on2, DWill decides to take it himself. After the rejection and subsequent foul, game over.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
03-09-2012, 09:59 AM
D.Wilson is a freshman, WAY too soon to write him off... Not saying he will turn out to be great, but let's give him a shot, if we wrote off everyone who had a bad freshman year we would have missed out on a lot of good players. Look at what everyone was saying about O'tule freshman year, or Cubillian after year 2, or Acker...

Goose85
03-09-2012, 11:53 AM
UW-GB and Brian Wardle still have a couple future players in the state playoffs.

Carrington Love looking good delivering Pius to the next round and Jordan Fouse has St. Catherines still rolling too.
Having seen both, I think there is potential for this group with Wardle and the Phoenix.

Hopefully these local guys will be able to compete in IWB's pro-am.

MUMac
03-09-2012, 02:15 PM
I am not writing Wilson off, but he is not the prototypical PG that Buzz will want to start. He will contibute, but he is not the answer to replace Junior as the starter, IMHO.