PDA

View Full Version : Omaha article on Big East meetings in Atlanta

MUBasketball
04-10-2013, 11:37 PM
Time is ticking...

http://www.omaha.com/article/20130409/BLUEJAYS/704099842/1001#big-east-athletic-directors-have-much-work-remaining

Mucrisco
04-11-2013, 10:35 AM
Thanks for posting. With all these things they need to get done, I'm guessing that's probably the reason why they chose to table the discussion of the other teams to add.

CaribouJim
04-11-2013, 10:58 AM
So the office being in NYC is not a certainty yet. I thought that was a done deal.

Does anyone know what sport LW will be the liaison for or who it will be for men's b-ball? GT's AD?

Also, would they give some thought to a rule that would pertain to the Big East only - kind of like the ACC had with the 3 point line way back when? I know MuMac had a thread on rule changes wish list a few weeks back. One I would like is to add an additional 6th foul, but only if the game goes into overtime. So if you foul out in regulation, you are toast, but if you get a 5th in OT, you get one more.

I thought I also read somewhere that they may redo the Big East logo. If that is true, why?

IWB
04-11-2013, 11:32 AM
In one of the articles they talked about a new logo. That may have been part of the settlement, not sure, but it does make sense.

I find it funny how the Creighton AD is the one who has been in the media with details after the previous two meetings. I don't ever remember a Big East AD giving details after any meetings.