PDA

View Full Version : Plenty of interesting Names for new Coach at FGCU,, even Gonzo trying again

milkbone
04-10-2013, 03:16 PM
http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2013/apr/08/mens-basketball-interesting-list-of-coaches-fgcu/

MU/Panther
04-10-2013, 03:18 PM
That is a solid list that can coach at FGCU.

kneelb4zerg
04-10-2013, 03:27 PM
Joey Meyer? Didn't know he was coaching in the D League.

TheSultan
04-10-2013, 03:29 PM
Get FGCU to relocate you to Fort Myers...cash some checks for coaching...if it doesn't work out you retire. Believe me, if Brookings, South Dakota was #dunkcity, and their coach left for USC, you wouldn't get nearly the interest.

TulsaWarrior
04-10-2013, 03:37 PM
Joey Meyer has been trying for years to get a second shot at D1 ball. It's kind of sad -- I think that ship has sailed for good.

Markedman
04-10-2013, 03:42 PM
Am I the only one who finds it odd that the AD would share application letters from potential coaches with a newspaper reporter? Coaches typically like to keep this kind fo stuff on the quiet side in case they don't get the job......Not sure I've ever seen quotes like that in a job search.

MUMac
04-10-2013, 03:44 PM
Am I the only one who finds it odd that the AD would share application letters from potential coaches with a newspaper reporter? Coaches typically like to keep this kind fo stuff on the quiet side in case they don't get the job......Not sure I've ever seen quotes like that in a job search.

That is the first thing that struck me. I wonder how happy Musselman is with that.

TheSultan
04-10-2013, 03:51 PM
I'm sure they were obtained via open records. Remember that Deadspin actually released the resumes of everyone who applied for the Wisconsin head coaching job after it was filled.

EDIT: My guess is that these may not have been actually applications (which are usually exempt from open records) but are in fact simple email inquiries.

pbiflyer
04-10-2013, 04:13 PM
I'm sure they were obtained via open records. Remember that Deadspin actually released the resumes of everyone who applied for the Wisconsin head coaching job after it was filled.

EDIT: My guess is that these may not have been actually applications (which are usually exempt from open records) but are in fact simple email inquiries.

I get this from a customer from Florida on every email
Please Note: Due to Florida's very broad public records law, most written communications to or from College employees regarding College business are public records, available to the public and media upon request. Therefore, this email communication may be subject to public disclosure