PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations To Duane Wilson

TedBaxter
04-10-2013, 06:29 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/preps/whitefish-bay-dominicans-duane-wilson-at-head-of-allarea-class-ig9fl8h-202244051.html

Milwaukee area player of the year. Deonte Burton named to second team.

DCwarrior
04-10-2013, 08:03 AM
Quite possibly the best All-Area team in Milwaukee's history. Would have liked to have seen Burton on the 1st team, but it seemed his season was a bit too inconsistent.

TedBaxter
04-10-2013, 08:12 AM
The one that I can remember that was real good was the one in 1980 with Ronnie Williams and Dwayne Johnson from SJMA, Nigel Wallace from Thomas More, Mark Moore from Dominican and a player from Milwaukee's south suburbs.

ge1974
04-10-2013, 09:06 AM
Duane Wilson being named Player of the Year with THAT group is quite an honor. I just don't see how he won't be our starting PG by at least January. Yes, I know defense is important but he brings an added offensive dimension of being both a shooter/penetrator that will force opposing defensives into being "honest" and have to guard MU on the perimeter. This should help our bigs down low.

Goose85
04-10-2013, 09:14 AM
Duane Wilson being named Player of the Year with THAT group is quite an honor. I just don't see how he won't be our starting PG by at least January. Yes, I know defense is important but he brings an added offensive dimension of being both a shooter/penetrator that will force opposing defensives into being "honest" and have to guard MU on the perimeter. This should help our bigs down low.

Congrats to Duane and Deonte.

I understand what you are saying GE, but I think Buzz starts Derrick W at point all year. Doesn't mean that Duane W won't end up with more minutes, but I think DeW will start.

Phantom Warrior
04-10-2013, 09:27 AM
Goose85,

I agree. I think Derrick will start - just as Juan did. (In fact, Juan could start again next year.) But I will be surprised if Duane doesn't get at least 24-25 mpg. Derrick averaged 13 mpg this year. I can see that increasing slightly to 15-16 mpg. One very important consideration is that Derrick is a very poor free throw shooter, which means in close games we can't have him on the floor the last several minutes. Duane is a solid free throw shooter, and he is quick enough to split or get around traps. Derrick is strong but not particularly quick.

We could easily have Duane, Jajuan, Jamil, and Davante coming off the bench, along with Steve. That would be a very potent group.

Mark Miller
04-10-2013, 09:32 AM
The one that I can remember that was real good was the one in 1980 with Ronnie Williams and Dwayne Johnson from SJMA, Nigel Wallace from Thomas More, Mark Moore from Dominican and a player from Milwaukee's south suburbs.

The Milwaukee Sentinel dubbed that team the "Year of the Import" because so many players (Johnson, Williams, Wallace) came into Milwaukee from New York City.

Goose85
04-10-2013, 09:37 AM
We could easily have Duane, Jajuan, Jamil, and Davante coming off the bench, along with Steve. That would be a very potent group.

If that is the group that comes off the bench - wow. Those five are a starting lineup that could make the NCAA tourney.

Markedman
04-10-2013, 10:47 AM
The thing I like about Duane being named POY is that they obviously got input from coaches in making the choice.

Do we know what Mr. Koenig thinks of this travisity of justice? ;)

Nukem2
04-10-2013, 10:51 AM
The thing I like about Duane being named POY is that they obviously got input from coaches in making the choice.

Do we know what Mr. Koenig thinks of this travisity of justice? ;)Well, hopefully his geography is good enough to know that Lacrosse is not in the Milwaukee area.... :p

MUMac
04-10-2013, 12:33 PM
Well, hopefully his geography is good enough to know that Lacrosse is not in the Milwaukee area.... :p

Not sure that matters ...