PDA

View Full Version : Game time

IWB
03-08-2012, 06:12 PM
Good God, "infrared"? those are orange uniforms, I think they put the wrong name on Syracuse' jerseys.

IWB
03-08-2012, 07:32 PM
I don't get it. Fouls, traveling....why does Dieng get a free ride?

IWB
03-08-2012, 08:14 PM
Maybe Pitino was right - said before the game he hates having the double bye, said you need to keep playing, its too tough to sit and wait.

TedBaxter
03-08-2012, 08:30 PM
A real dismal outing. Bad ballhandling, bad rebounding, bad defense, terrible passing, terrible dribbling. Hard to tell if MU was shooting the ball since they turned it over so much. I guess the positive is that the coaches won't have any overconfident players this week and you just hope this outing didn't take the confidence away.

MUMac
03-08-2012, 08:38 PM
Didn't like DJO's body language at the end. Bad game all around. I hope Jae realizes he is too important on the court to pick up those silly fouls.

Markedman
03-08-2012, 08:45 PM
Yeah just a dumb game.....dumb decision making...dumb fouls...dumb turnovers.......

We have to play fast to be effective....but when we play too fast it gets real ugly....tonight it was way too fast.......

MUMac
03-08-2012, 08:46 PM
When MU plays fast well, they move the ball. Today they tried to drive the ball. Going over the top is what made them successful, not dribbling through people.

Gato78
03-08-2012, 08:52 PM
Very reminiscent of UAB in Louisville in 2003

Gato78
03-08-2012, 08:56 PM
Juniors TOs killed us early but we were "within one" when Jr jacked up the 3. Truth is Jae got fouls and pouted rather than showing leadership. Additionally, we could not get a call. Ever since the Dieng foul and T, the officials heard everything Dick Pitino said and we got hammered by the officials. All of these factors combined. Officiating matters and it mattered greatly tonight.

TedBaxter
03-08-2012, 09:01 PM
That three attempt by Junior was almost unbelievable. A big what the hell moment. Had Louisville on their heels and then it was back up to a 7 point lead.

Buzz needs to go out and get a point guard with the next 2013 scholarship

Hamostradamus
03-08-2012, 09:02 PM
I can live with the loss (except for the Louisville fans), so long as we use it as motivation against our first opponent and correct the mistakes. We seem to bounce back and play well after a loss..

IWB
03-08-2012, 09:20 PM
The Junior three was bad, so was the one Jamil put up from a few feet beyond the three when we really needed to play smart.

Mistakes.

Also, I said it before and I will say it again, Dieng travels every single time he touches the ball. Sometimes twice, before the dribble and after.

MUMac
03-08-2012, 09:35 PM
Not only travels, but does either he or Bohanon ever leave the lane? What constitutes 3 seconds in the BE anymore. I saw 3 shot attempts, without hitting the rim (not tips either, but catch, dribble, juke and shoot) and no one clearing the lane.

MUAlphaBangura
03-08-2012, 09:39 PM
Juniors TOs killed us early but we were "within one" when Jr jacked up the 3. Truth is Jae got fouls and pouted rather than showing leadership. Additionally, we could not get a call. Ever since the Dieng foul and T, the officials heard everything Dick Pitino said and we got hammered by the officials. All of these factors combined. Officiating matters and it mattered greatly tonight.

Jae totally got away from what Jae is all about tonight. Did anybody else see Deng take a minimum of 5 steps at the top of the key in the 1st half with no call? Unfortunately, MU kept giving the refs opportunities to make calls against them. Couldn't believe almost every questionable block/charge call went against us. Hope Junior can remove this nightmare from his grey matter.

lougrant
03-08-2012, 11:39 PM
For anyone in the know, how much -- if any -- point can T.J. Taylor play at 6'4" 215lb? Our point guard play is shaky enough with Junior at the helm, but I shudder to think how bad it will be in 2 years if a scholarship doesn't open up between now and then and we're not able to fill it with a legitimate 1.

TedBaxter
03-09-2012, 05:24 AM
http://region14hoops.com/

I think you can see Taylor play this afternoon on this link. I don't think he's the answer for the future point guard at MU, but I could be wrong. From his high school video's, he's more of a combo type who can shoot the three pointer and he's strong enough to battle inside.

ge1974
03-09-2012, 07:59 AM
Junior's play was frankly disturbing last night. I couldn't believe how poorly he performed. During the game, the ticker at the bottom of the screen stated that Auburn was being looked at for point shaving and I have to admit the thought crossed my mind with Junior on how poorly he played. Now, before anyone gets huffy, NO, I don't think Junior was point shaving.

However, the fact is, we need much better play from a PG. He is NOT a freshman and learning any longer. We need a pure PG for 2014 and I, too think Duane Wilson fits the bill more than Nunn. Also, after watching Jalon Tate get taken to the cleaners by Dominic Artis a few weeks ago on ESPN, I don't think he is the answer either.

CaribouJim
03-09-2012, 08:59 AM
Junior's play was frankly disturbing last night. I couldn't believe how poorly he performed. During the game, the ticker at the bottom of the screen stated that Auburn was being looked at for point shaving and I have to admit the thought crossed my mind with Junior on how poorly he played. Now, before anyone gets huffy, NO, I don't think Junior was point shaving.

However, the fact is, we need much better play from a PG. He is NOT a freshman and learning any longer. We need a pure PG for 2014 and I, too think Duane Wilson fits the bill more than Nunn. Also, after watching Jalon Tate get taken to the cleaners by Dominic Artis a few weeks ago on ESPN, I don't think he is the answer either.

I'm a huge Junior fan, but last night was beyond belief. Was he ill? Did he have a concussion? Did he break up with his girlfriend? In addition to being a turnover machine his defense was non-existent. His judgement was baffling - why the crossover dribbles (same with DJO) over and over - that stupid 3. It just a year ago where he dominated WVU. I don't get it. Very unsettling game - I set my record for things thrown against the wall and fist punching into the couch and walking outside to calm myself down.

I did have a bad feeling when Jae came out with the new hairdo.

Lastly, did you hear Raftery say that Dick told him before the game that he thought 'Ville was going to hit 90 for the game? What made him feel that way? Was it a gut feel or did he see something about MU that he could exploit.

'Ville played great, but MU made it way too easy on them.

IWB
03-09-2012, 09:44 AM
That sounds ridiculous, but I too had a bad feeling when I saw Crowder's new doo. Geezus H Jae, they just came out with a Warrior logo with your hair, and you change it going rasta for the biggest game of your life?

Goose85
03-09-2012, 10:41 AM
Very disappointing that a veteran team like ours (Junior / Jae / DJO) would make such foolish mistakes in a game this late in the season against a team we know very well. Wow. Anyone care to try and dribble through 3 Louisville players again?

Hopefully we were knocked down a peg and rise to the occasion next weekend (much like we did last year).

True point guard with quicks - Is that Duane Wilson? Only happens if a schollie opens up.

IWB
03-09-2012, 10:49 AM
Dribbling through players - Bilas bitched about that, saying that Marquette was continuously trying to dribble through three defenders instead of looking to pass.

One more thing Bilas bitched about a lot, and I agree with, was the freaking logo stickers. (No disrespect to Dave Gavitt)

Goose85
03-09-2012, 10:57 AM
Ok - how many times is the MU and Bucks floor picked up and stored and then put back down during a season - not sure but it is numerous.

A basketball floor is a puzzle with many pieces that are picked up and stored. Are you telling me the Big East can't have a few pieces of floor that they paint / replace / refinish every year? It is not like you have to get rid of the entire floor if you decide to add a Dave Gavitt logo. Just resurface that portion.

To have stickers on the court of the conference tourney games held in the mecca of basketball is just ridiculous.

Nukem2
03-09-2012, 01:20 PM
Not only travels, but does either he or Bohanon ever leave the lane? What constitutes 3 seconds in the BE anymore. I saw 3 shot attempts, without hitting the rim (not tips either, but catch, dribble, juke and shoot) and no one clearing the lane.
The travels and lack of 3 second calls have been prominent in this tourney along with a lot of hacking. BE teams may struggle in the NCAAs with refs from other conferences. Ala last year.

IWB
03-09-2012, 01:28 PM
Goo - that is basically what Bilas was saying. "Spend the money to resurface the areas before someone gets hurt".