PDA

View Full Version : Chris Coming Back

TedBaxter
04-09-2013, 04:05 PM
Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanCBS 36s Marquette big man Chris Otule has decided to return for a 6th-year, source told CBSSports. Should be a formality to receive extra year.

lougrant
04-09-2013, 04:10 PM
You can't turn your back on this program for a minute w/o some development occurring. Even the off-season is eventful. Guess we won't be going after Black now, which is fine. Still wonder about Mayo's status, though.

IWB
04-09-2013, 04:14 PM
Great news - my phone beep with the update just minutes ago!

Phantom Warrior
04-09-2013, 04:42 PM
I honestly think that next year's team, now that CO will return, has the potential to be a Top 10 team with legitimate Final Four aspirations.

We would have to avoid major injuries, which is never a given. And we have to have quality play at the point, but I have every confidence Duane Wilson will grow into that role as the season develops.

It is going to be extremely interesting to see who gets how many mpg and at what positions. The competition during practice for playing time is going to be intense.

I'm still not convinced Mayo will be back. I hope so, but if not, I don't think that would be a huge loss.

IWB
04-09-2013, 05:21 PM
Just an FYI - Chris' return is not official yet until the NCAA signs off on it, but it is anticipated that they will.

dubs98
04-09-2013, 07:03 PM
Really thought the same thing. We are going to be extremely deep (at least up front), with both talented and experienced players. This will be by far the biggest team that I can remember MU fielding with chris, ox, mckay, j-wil, and steve taylor up front. Our incoming class really fills in the gaps nicely. If we can get two of the four guards to be able to produce at least moderately next year we will be good. If vander returns as well, then look out. If vander returns, I agree, this is a legit top ten team entering the year.

I honestly think that next year's team, now that CO will return, has the potential to be a Top 10 team with legitimate Final Four aspirations.

We would have to avoid major injuries, which is never a given. And we have to have quality play at the point, but I have every confidence Duane Wilson will grow into that role as the season develops.

It is going to be extremely interesting to see who gets how many mpg and at what positions. The competition during practice for playing time is going to be intense.

I'm still not convinced Mayo will be back. I hope so, but if not, I don't think that would be a huge loss.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
04-09-2013, 07:22 PM
I think questions for us next year are, can we improve 3 pt shooting? Either with new players, or improvement from returning. It's really difficult to survive in the tournament without having some 3 pt shooting. The second question is PG play, can Duane Wilson get up to speed and be ready on both ends? Can Derrick Wilson be ready to get the offense flowing and improve shooting at least enough to keep the defense honest.

If we can improve these two areas this team could be VERY good.