PDA

View Full Version : wow!!

CaribouJim
04-08-2013, 09:36 PM
As Father Dan's Camera often reminds us in the Fightin' 218, "You gotta guard the white guys!!"

Pace reminds me of the Kansas/Oklahoma game w/ Danny and the Miracles. Hugely entertaining.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
04-08-2013, 09:47 PM
Great game so far! I'm surprised by how young this Michigan team is, they could be really good next year too.

CaribouJim
04-08-2013, 10:03 PM
Great game so far! I'm surprised by how young this Michigan team is, they could be really good next year too.

Although they may lose 2-3 underclassmen.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
04-08-2013, 10:27 PM
Burke for sure, Hardaway and McGary are 50/50

dubs98
04-08-2013, 10:52 PM
that was an incredible game. Both teams played like champions.

Nukem2
04-08-2013, 10:57 PM
Chane Behanan was the difference. He was the man.

CaribouJim
04-08-2013, 11:00 PM
that was an incredible game. Both teams played like champions.

...and on the Badger board some called it sloppy...parallel universe.

One of the top 5 most entertaining finals games I've seen.

Markedman
04-08-2013, 11:00 PM
One of the best championship games ever.....

No losers in this one........wow what a game

IWB
04-08-2013, 11:01 PM
Agree Caribou

CaribouJim
04-08-2013, 11:05 PM
Chane Behanan was the difference. He was the man.

He was my preseason pick as BE player of the year, but often disappeared this year - not tonight...monster game.

Markedman
04-08-2013, 11:11 PM
Don't forget Siva.....as bad as Smith was they needed Siva to be great in the 2nd half and he was.....

He was my preseason pick as BE player of the year, but often disappeared this year - not tonight...monster game.

CaribouJim
04-08-2013, 11:23 PM
Don't forget Siva.....as bad as Smith was they needed Siva to be great in the 2nd half and he was.....

Seemed like pretty much everyone but Smith had more than a solid game for 'Ville. Pitino needs to buy some lottery tickets and then jump on a plane to Vegas...he's on a roll.

MUfan12
04-08-2013, 11:36 PM
Beilein cost Michigan that game, IMO. Left Spike on Siva way too long in the second half. Let him get going.

Got killed by the dribble drive and really did nothing differently. I would've thrown a couple zone looks at UL. No one other than Hancock was a threat from the arc.

Halo
04-09-2013, 06:40 AM
Amazing game. Has been years since I saw a game of that intensity in the finals.

And is there a more miserable group than those Badger fans complaining about that game? These guys must be a joy to hang around with. Just crusty, bitter old white men who would rather watch a 30-28 game with no dunks and no fast breaks being played a bunch of suburban white kids with wealthy means. Any kid who comes from a challenging situation or family? Must be a thug and deserves to be hated and called not intelligent. And they wonder why so many people mock them.

CaribouJim
04-09-2013, 06:55 AM
Amazing game. Has been years since I saw a game of that intensity in the finals.

And is there a more miserable group than those Badger fans complaining about that game? These guys must be a joy to hang around with. Just crusty, bitter old white men who would rather watch a 30-28 game with no dunks and no fast breaks being played a bunch of suburban white kids with wealthy means. Any kid who comes from a challenging situation or family? Must be a thug and deserves to be hated and called not intelligent. And they wonder why so many people mock them.

They really do think they are the guardian of the game. If it was transformed into their vision, fans would leave the game in droves and turn to something with more action...say Cricket for example. A dreadful lot they are.

Just an awesome game, but for the spotty reffing. Off the charts fun to watch. Praying for some jump shooters on the MU roster next year and maybe having MU providing the entertainment factor a year from now.

DCwarrior
04-09-2013, 07:19 AM
Was definitely the most exciting championship game I've watched in a long time. It got a little sloppy at times, but the energy and skill dispayed throughout the game were off the charts. Beilein really had a brain-fart the last minute of the game. He let over 20 seconds run off the clock before putting Ville on the line.

Watching last night's game highlights how much further MU has to go on the offensive side of the ball if we ever want to contend for a championship. We really need some shooters and ballhandlers who can protect the ball.

Halo
04-09-2013, 07:51 AM
They really do think they are the guardian of the game. If it was transformed into their vision, fans would leave the game in droves and turn to something with more action...say Cricket for example. A dreadful lot they are.

Just an awesome game, but for the spotty reffing. Off the charts fun to watch. Praying for some jump shooters on the MU roster next year and maybe having MU providing the entertainment factor a year from now.

Guardians of the game is a good way of putting it.
They are in la la land if they don't think kids want to play that way. Look at Dekker and Koenig. A high school player like Koenig got Bo Ryan to commit to him that he would play a faster tempo with Dekker and Koenig. Koenig said so in an interview. Think about that. I thought that never happened there and only at schools like MU where kids had opinions? I wonder if Koenig goes to UW if Bo didn't commit to that. It's ok UW fans to run and have kids play like that. It's entertainment. It's basketball. Enjoy it. They aren't there to boost your GPA for the school. Join the Ivy League if you want to have the highest GPA in the country. I would rather watch Michigan and Louisville duke it out. I can watch a local small high school basketball to enjoy the purity of the game. In my living room on HD I would prefer to watch some fun basketball. I doubt I am alone.

MUMac
04-09-2013, 08:20 AM
I thought the game was fantastic, but really, the whole Final 4 may have been the best I have watched. Each down to the last minute. Great basketball weekend. It truly was.

The only reason it looked sloppy to some was due to the intensity from both teams on defense. That can make teams look sloppy. Were they sloppy or did the defense create the action? I saw the latter, some (including those mindless badger buffoons) saw the former. Then again, not everyone can shoot 7-30 from 3 point range in a game. Now that is exciting basketball!!!

The only downer of the weekend, the officiating got another black eye. Really bad officiating all weekend. Worst I have seen in a Final 4.

TheSultan
04-09-2013, 08:26 AM
That's how basketball looks these days. You have to put up with occasional sloppiness and a few turnovers because that's how you make plays in the end. If limiting turnovers are the be all and end all of basketball, all you end up doing is passing the ball around the perimeter, hoisting up 3 point shots and losing to a #12 seed in the tournament.

MayorBeluga
04-09-2013, 08:50 AM
The most amazing thing was the NCAA giving John Cahill (who runs like a girl) this assignment. Cahill was, unfortunately, sadly predictable out there. The NCAA once more was sadly predictable in showing their incompetence.

ge1974
04-09-2013, 08:56 AM
And I will add John "Pretty Boy" Higgins to John Cahill as being awful last night. The NCAA playoffs and especially the Championship game deserve better refs than these clowns.

Great game , nervertheless.

CaribouJim
04-09-2013, 09:28 AM
Say what you will about "Pretty Boy" Higgins ge1974, but "his hair was perfect" as always.