PDA

View Full Version : Louisville's Press

Phantom Warrior
04-07-2013, 03:33 AM
Man, I love Louisville's full-court pressure. The key, of course, is their super-quick guards, Siva and Smith, but their wings are also very quick and athletic, and Dieng, of course, is very mobile and a great free safety in the back.

Wichita State did, at times, break it cleanly and get an advantage, which led to a few Shocker hoops. But, overall, the pressure was relentless and very effective.

With the uptick in quickness, athleticism, and depth we will have next year, I was wondering if we might employ that kind of pressure at times.

For example, I would love to see a line up of Duane, JuJaun, Vander, Jamil, and Jameel pressure full cout like that. The overall quickness and athleticism of that group could create havoc, not only in the back court but also after an opponent crosses half-court.

And if that group does create turnovers, it's easy to imagine that group attacking the basket with a vengeance.

I don't know if Buzz will increase the degree and intensity of the team's full-court pressure next year, but he might. I can even imagine five-for-five substitution pattern at times, similar to Al's Scrambled Eggs to just keep the pressure on.

It's an exciting style and, with the right roster, an effective one. That type of pressure wears opponents down not only phsycially but also mentally. It becomes a chore to merely get the ball into the front court.

Man, I can't wait for next year to see how Buzz brings all the pieces together.