PDA

View Full Version : Deonte Burton about to be on CBS!

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
04-06-2013, 01:28 PM
Turn on CBS to watch Burton take on other high school stars in the dunk contest!

IWB
04-06-2013, 01:30 PM
Matt Thomas took 2nd in the 3pt shot contest.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
04-06-2013, 01:32 PM
What's the story with him? Would seem he would fit really well on our team, just a late bloomer that we missed on?

IWB
04-06-2013, 02:16 PM
Pretty much - he will excel at Iowa State.

2013UnleashTheBeast
04-06-2013, 02:21 PM
Sure sucks that we missed out on Matt Thomas and Kendrick Nunn at 2G and only ended up with Jajuan Johnson. I'm sure both will be good at their new programs but I'm lamenting nothing with this class (other than Embiid... that one will sting for quite a while).

Phantom Warrior
04-06-2013, 03:15 PM
Losing Embid may sting at the moment, but who knows how that will work out?

I remember MU fans bemoaning the loss of Bryce Webster to Minnesota to the point of near meltdown proportions. Turned out it was not nearly the loss many MU fans thought it was. Same with Desrosiers when he chose Wake in '09.

You never know with big guys. Some pan out; some don't. In fact, based on research I did for four or five years quite some time ago, I'd say there are many more Top 100 ranked bigs who disappoint than those who live up to expectations.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
04-06-2013, 03:28 PM
I don't really mind missing on Nunn because I think Johnson will be as good or better, however I feel that Thomas is the exact player that the team this year was missing. Granted he may not pan out, but a deadeye shooter would be a great catch. That said hard to know that someone is gonna be a late bloomer.

Phantom Warrior
04-06-2013, 03:54 PM
Johnson is also reportedly a very good shooter. He is also supposedly a solid on-ball defender. We'll see if those views are valid or not, but I think Johnson is exactly what the doctor ordered - an athletic wing who can fill it up from outside or mid-range and can attack the hoop.

I'm not dissing Thomas. I think he will be a very college player. But so does Johnson.

Markedman
04-06-2013, 05:34 PM
Thomas looks to be a great shooter but there is now way I would trade him for Johnson and we didn't have a spot for both. I will probably live to regret this but Johnson looks like a future pro to me....

Time will tell.

TedBaxter
04-06-2013, 05:46 PM
The only I question I have on Johnson is the consistently of his shooting as his form is a little unorthodox, but he's a scorer more than shooter.

DCwarrior
04-06-2013, 05:51 PM
So how did Burton do in the dunk contest?

TedBaxter
04-06-2013, 06:10 PM
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=415&f=2850&t=11435942

John Dodds has the answer.

warriorfan4life
04-06-2013, 06:17 PM
The only I question I have on Johnson is the consistently of his shooting as his form is a little unorthodox, but he's a scorer more than shooter.

His form is unorthodox, but he gets nice touch on his shots as many of his makes in games I watched were all net. He may not be a mid 40's three point shooter like Matt Thomas could be, but will likely hit at a plenty respectable enough rate (Id guess mid-high 30's).

bleedbluegold03
04-06-2013, 09:13 PM
The next step for this program is to produce some lottery talents.

JJJ has the best chance of achieving that of any recruit mentioned in this thread