PDA

View Full Version : Favorite MU Player Of All Time

Phantom Warrior
04-06-2013, 04:12 AM
Someone started a thread on Dean the Dream on Dodds' site, and I replied with kind of a langthy tribute to the Dream as he is my all-time favorite MU player.

That got me wondering which players other posters might select as their all-time favorite, especially those lucky enough to have been engrossed in Al's era.

Meminger is hands down my favorite player of all time for the reasons I gave in the thread on JD's site. Among players I actually watched, he comes in ahead of, among others, Bob Wolf, Lloyd Walton, Earl Tatum, Bo Ellis, Sam Worthen, Tony Miller, Travis Diener, and Jerel McNeal.

So, anybody care to play and expound on his/her favorite MU player of all time?

TedBaxter
04-06-2013, 05:53 AM
Earl Tatum. Maybe the most complete player I have seen at MU.

dubs98
04-06-2013, 05:58 AM
MY time as a serious MU fan only extends back to the early 90s (evidently that was a good thing that I missed the 80s) so I can't comment on some of the older players. With that said, I would probably go Lazar. I loved everything about his game. He played out of position and played it so damn well. I swear he had the strongest hands of anyone on the court I have seen. If the ball was close to him, the rebound was his. More importantly, I loved how he conducted himself on & off the court. He seemed like such an incredible leader. It seemed that all of the other players just gravitated towards him. He always sounded like a humble leader that had the "it" factor that you hope a leader has. For many of the same reasons Wes is up there in my mind as well.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
04-06-2013, 06:57 AM
I hate to sound like a captive of the moment, but for me I think it's Vander Blue. While he only came into his own this year, I've been a dogged fan of his defense and adamantly defended him on boards like this for the past 3 years. For 2 years, he was hte guy willing to do the dirty work, scrapping and defending, getting rebounds, and deferring to JFB, Jae, and DJO. Now that his time has come it's been a joy to see him embrace his new role so fully. I can't wait to see him next year.

Looking back at my real MU fandom, other favorites include Wardle, Wade, Novak, Ooze, WesMat, and DJO. But I really feel that this year Vander supplanted them all, though he'll probably need to stay for his senior season to cement that. I wouldn't begrudge him leaving, though...especially when you look at the disparity between the 2013 and 2014 draft classes.

ValiantSailor
04-06-2013, 08:52 AM
George Thompson...without whom Al and Marquette would have been trivia questions...and who is STILL a loyal warrior.

VS

Nukem2
04-06-2013, 09:31 AM
Too many to pick one...love 'em all.

Smee
04-06-2013, 09:45 AM
I can't do it. I started with Bo Ellis and then went to Butch Lee and then Tony Miller, then Dwyane Wade and then Travis Diener, then Maurice Lucas...I can't stop changing my mind. Jim Mclivaine, Jimmy Butler, Jae Crowder...

IWB
04-06-2013, 11:04 AM
Lloyd Walton