PDA

View Full Version : One of Michael Hunts weakest and laziest articles

MUMac
04-05-2013, 08:10 AM
And that is saying something. Might be the laziest man on earth at times. He has done some good this year, but also some bad. This article is really, really bad. Thomas was always a walk on and just awarded a scholarship the past two years because they were available. Hunt could have even looked at the JS article when Thomas transferred in.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/golde...201545241.html

MU/Panther
04-05-2013, 08:48 AM
It makes it look bad at Buzz. Jake Thomas came here as a walk-on.

MUfan12
04-05-2013, 09:04 AM
Mike Hunt stinks.

Seriously, MU can't be too pleased with the picture that article paints.

Mark Miller
04-05-2013, 09:25 AM
Instead of stating the facts, namely that Buzz Williams and Marquette awarded a walkon player a scholarship for two years, Michael Hunt makes it appear as though Buzz is taking away something that was never promised -- namely a scholarship.

Beyond sloppy. Downright wrong.

MUBasketball
04-05-2013, 09:28 AM
We should bombard that creep with e-mails demanding he prints a retraction. Seriously...that article is ridiculous.

Djgoldnboy
04-05-2013, 10:58 AM
And that is saying something. Might be the laziest man on earth at times. He has done some good this year, but also some bad. This article is really, really bad. Thomas was always a walk on and just awarded a scholarship the past two years because they were available. Hunt could have even looked at the JS article when Thomas transferred in.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/golde...201545241.html

Sorry it's still up, my bad.

TedBaxter
04-05-2013, 11:23 AM
To be perfectly honest, I don't always think that media people understand the inner workings of college basketball and that includes print, radio and TV media, so the details are often left out.

I told a couple people the other day that I was listening to a Wisconsin based sports talk show and the two hosts couldn't even tell you what city one of the top mid-major programs was located and this school was being talked about in the new Big East conference.

dubs98
04-06-2013, 09:59 AM
probably beating a dead horse, but I got onto facebook this morning to see that MU released a statement about Jake's transfer with the following quotes from Jake:

“My decision wasn’t based on whether or not I had a scholarship for next season,” Thomas said. “Buzz had explained to me when I first got here that a scholarship for my third year was unlikely. I just want to have my last year of college basketball be at a program where I can play significant minutes and contribute to a team.

“My two years at MU have been some of the best of my life and I have loved the opportunity to be closer to my family, Thomas added. “All of the coaches at MU have been helpful during this process and understand my situation.”

Now, I didn't think the article was as bad as mentioned, however it could have been put in much better context. Also, I can't imagine that it would have it been too difficult to get a quote from Jake by Mr. Hunt.

Either way, nice to hear this from Jake.

MUBasketball
04-06-2013, 11:42 AM
probably beating a dead horse, but I got onto facebook this morning to see that MU released a statement about Jake's transfer with the following quotes from Jake:

“My decision wasn’t based on whether or not I had a scholarship for next season,” Thomas said. “Buzz had explained to me when I first got here that a scholarship for my third year was unlikely. I just want to have my last year of college basketball be at a program where I can play significant minutes and contribute to a team.

“My two years at MU have been some of the best of my life and I have loved the opportunity to be closer to my family, Thomas added. “All of the coaches at MU have been helpful during this process and understand my situation.”

Now, I didn't think the article was as bad as mentioned, however it could have been put in much better context. Also, I can't imagine that it would have it been too difficult to get a quote from Jake by Mr. Hunt.

Either way, nice to hear this from Jake.

Too bad 99% of the people who read the JS article (and now think Buzz axed this kid's scholarship to give it to an incoming player) will never see these quotes and understand the situation.

IWB
04-06-2013, 12:18 PM
Looking at the e-mail that MU sent to the media, I don't think they were too happy with the article.

Markedman
04-06-2013, 12:26 PM
And they shouldn't be happy.....Hunt is either stupid, lazy or both to think it doesn't matter how he writes the article.

Get it right Mike...it's your job