PDA

View Full Version : Conference shuffle might dismantle Horizon League

TheSultan
04-04-2013, 12:19 PM
Nothing for sure, but Panther U has had some interesting tweets on the subject.

https://twitter.com/PantherU/status/319847202207973376

Worst case scenario - UWM and UWGB are the only members left standing and would have to back into the Summit League.

IWB
04-04-2013, 12:52 PM
When the Big East announced the separation, I said it was a bad time for UWM to have a terrible year. A-10 and MVC looking for new teams and Milwaukee has a perfect sized media market for either one.

However, they had the worst season in memory, can't commit to building a new facility and can't decide where to play their home games.

On top of it, they needed a new, aggressive as hell AD to get them to a better conference. So what did they do? They hired what they referred to as the "dark horse candidate". Someone who is not slated to take her position until May 1st. That was just dumb.

Let's see - the landscape is changing, we need to try to get into a better conference like the A-10 or MVC NOW, or stabilize our position in the Horizon League. When can you start? Two months? May 1st? No problem.

If they end up without a conference they did it to themselves. I hate to say that because I really want them to be good, I want them to be relevant in the world of college hoops, but they have made mistake after mistake after mistake.

MU/Panther
04-05-2013, 08:53 AM
May is going to be a huge month for Amanda Braun.

The Reptile
04-05-2013, 09:04 AM
Maybe our bane ol' Bud was not bad for them after all.