PDA

View Full Version : NBE NCAA Credit Potential

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
04-02-2013, 09:56 PM
I took a look at the NCAA credits earned in the last 6 years by the 10 teams that will be forming the new Big East. Now I know that only the Old Big East members will be able to carry over NCAA Tournament credits, but I thought it might be interesting to look at what they potentially could have earned if they were a league for the last 6 years. Obviously if all these teams were in a conference together these numbers would be different, but its interesting to look at none the less.

Credits from 2008 to 2013:
Marquette - 15
Butler - 15
Xavier - 14
Villanova - 12
Georgetown - 7
Creighton - 4
St. John's - 1
Seton Hall - 0
Providence - 0
DePaul - 0

Total = 68 credits x 250,000 per year = $17 Million Dollars / 10 Teams = $1.7 Million dollars per year/per team.

That would be a pretty impressive run for a conference to be able to pay each team $1.7 Million each, especially given the dead weight we have at the bottom of the conference... unfortunately Butler left all their credits back in the Horizon league and it doesn't look like any of the teams coming from other conferences will be able to bring credits with them... but it speaks to the potential of this new league.

bleedbluegold03
04-02-2013, 10:57 PM
to put that in perspective, we would be getting less than half of what we earned for the conference.

That also shows Georgetown to be exceedingly average in post season success terms.

bleedbluegold03
04-02-2013, 10:58 PM
to add, in reality for the NBE credits, each team will be getting $875k, with Marquette contributing nearly half the overall total.

Now who should be calling the shots? ...

Goose85
04-03-2013, 11:07 AM
If Louisville and Syracuse make final game for an all big east final I would guess those NCAA tourney credits go to America 12,is that correct?

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
04-03-2013, 11:53 AM
It's my understanding that those two schools have already earned the max amount of credits possible, I don't think teams get an extra credit for making the national championship game. That said I'm almost 100% sure the credits for all the football schools that are bailing stay with the "A-12" as you mentioned.

Litehouse
04-03-2013, 12:25 PM
It's every game you play in, so they could each earn one more if they win and play in the championship game. But if the school is in the championship game, they don't get an extra credit if they win.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
04-06-2013, 07:10 AM
I can't believe we are leaving all of our earned credits behind. Seems like we really gave the OBE schools quite a bit to get out. This new league will definitely need to make hay early. I really think we need to get at least 4 bids per year for awhile. That won't be easy.

IWB
04-06-2013, 11:08 AM
I don't believe MU is leaving credits behind. I thought the credits were being distributed, and the cash that the remaining schools were going to get all came from the fees and penalties for departures?