PDA

View Full Version : Mip?

Phantom Warrior
03-30-2013, 11:27 PM
To me, the most important award a coach - or in this case a fan base - can give is the one for Most Improved Player.

I was thinking about which MU player this year is most deserving of this award. I think there are five potential candidates: Vander, Jamil, Trent, Chris, and Davante. I think a reasonable case could be made for any of the five.

Most Improved Player can be looked at from one year to the next or within a year (Trent, for example).

I assume Vander would be most fans' choice for MVP, and very seldom does the same player earn both awards.

I'm curious which player other posters would pick as this year's MIP and why they'd make that choice.

dubs98
03-31-2013, 08:34 AM
I think the MIP would go to either trent or jamil for different reasons. Honestly, I am not so sure either one really improved their skill set which is the reason most players would get this award. Instead it is for other reasons. Simply put, Trent can stake his claim simply be the fact that he found himself. He did not necessarily find himself in regards to how to play the game, but he found himself in regards to how he fit into an already established team. Once he discovered how he fit and play with this team he was incredible. His improvement over the year was one of the primary contributing factors of why we went from losing to UWGB to Big east champs. Jamil can stake his claim simply by the fact that he began believing. Once he started believing that he could be as could as we all know he can be, his play went to another level

In the end, I give the tiebreaker to the senior, Trent. Jamil very well could stake this claim again next year if his belief and understanding of his skill set continue to rise. If that happens, watch out.