PDA

View Full Version : Just A Thought

Phantom Warrior
03-30-2013, 11:00 PM
I think most of us would love CO to return next year, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he doesn't return. I also will not be surprised if Mayo moves on after this year, though again, he may well come back.

But, hypothetically, if neither returns, might we end up with a transfer for the 13th scholarship? April and May are when the announcements and the movement will come fast and furious. Buzz has shown a willingness to take a transfer, and he even mentioned something about transfers in a relatively recent interview.

lougrant
03-30-2013, 11:27 PM
Selfishly, I'd like Otule to return, but I don't know that it makes much business sense for him to do so. He's never going to make the NBA; he has his degree; so what will another year of playing in college do for his overseas professional stock? His playing career is finite -- and tenuous given his injury history -- so why not start the clock on his professional career and cash in while he can?

Given how Mayo played the last 6-7 games and Buzz' lack of confidence in him, I can't see him returning.

If a spot does open up -- and Otule doesn't return -- I hope we take a Lockett-type transfer, who can help us in the pivot.

The Reptile
03-31-2013, 12:36 AM
I'd love for Chris to be back. The only reasons why I could see him not come back is 1) if he is ready to move on with his life, 2) his heart isn't into another year of hard work (everything from boot camp to the daily grind), 3) fears another injury from which he could not return to the team or 4) wants to go out with a BE Championship & elite 8 appearance.

No matter his decision, I hope the best for him. He's come a long way and has been a big reason for our success.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
03-31-2013, 12:42 AM
I talked to CO at the AL tonight and asked him about next year and he said he didn't know but he'd probably be back.