PDA

View Full Version : Pitt and Dixon

Goose85
03-07-2012, 05:09 PM
Pit has been a model of consistency since MU has joined the Big East.

Dixon by all accounts has done are very good job at Pitt despite this down year.

Dixon does have one top 10 player coming in (Adams is # 6 according to scout and a 6'11" center) as well as a point guard ranked (Robinson ranked #79 according to scout).

I wonder what might happen if our friend Kevin O'Neil gets the ziggy from USC.

Down year - moving to a new conference - didn't seem high on leaving the Big East.

Dixon is young and will be a highly sought after coach.
Dixon is from the Los Angeles area, born and went to high school in the area.
Pac 12 is way down so he could make a pretty quick splash, especially after letting KO deal with the fall out of Floyd's violations.

Would Dixon bolt Pitt for USC?

Ok, I will have to admit I am looking for things that might go wrong for schools in the Iscariot wing of the conference.

Nukem2
03-08-2012, 10:05 AM
As a Calfornia guy, USC would have to be really attractive to Dixon. the propect of playing 3rd or 4th or 5th fiddle to UNC and Duke can't be very enticing. As you say, he did not seem enthralled about the move to the ACC.

IWB
03-08-2012, 10:34 AM
Would he consider the Illinois job?

I admit, like Goo, I too love Gato's coining of the phrase, "Iscariot wing", and can't help but wonder, if Boeheim retires and Dixon takes USC, how big of a slap in the face would that be to the ACC?

Gato78
03-08-2012, 10:55 AM
Apparently KO got a vote of confidence today despite the USC record.

MUMac
03-08-2012, 11:11 AM
Oh no, not the deadly vote of confidence?!? Serously, that is the right thing to do under the circumstances. I did not realize they lost 5 players to injury. That is far too much for most programs to overcome. Add to that the transfers/recruits, KO is deserved of that opportunity.

IWB
03-08-2012, 11:18 AM
Are they still short any schollies from the OJ deal?

Goose85
03-08-2012, 11:23 AM
Leave poor OJ out of this, he is far to busy trying to find the killer of his ex wife to worry about USC scholarships.

MUMac
03-08-2012, 11:33 AM
Leave poor OJ out of this, he is far to busy trying to find the killer of his ex wife to worry about USC scholarships.

I had a lot of people looking at me when I nearly spit my coffee on my computer screen. Well played.