PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Jay Bilas

MUAlphaBangura
03-30-2013, 06:14 PM
Recapping the game on ESPN, stating how poorly the game was officiated. Actually said there were many "bogus" calls against Marquette, which was a huge difference between today's game and the 1st game in Milwaukee. Said Marquette not getting to the line was a major factor in the loss as well as the obvious poor shooting. Have to agree, and at least there is somebody out there willing to call out the NCAA about their generally poor refs. And for the record, this is not a "the refs cost us this game" post.

Nukem2
03-30-2013, 06:17 PM
MU did not adjust well to the officiating, but the loss is really about shooting the ball. Defense was fine untill Cuse got the breakaways down the stretch as MU was pressing.

Gato78
03-30-2013, 06:19 PM
We shot like crap which is why we lost but we could not buy a call. Officiating has been terrible all year. Something must be done.

Nukem2
03-30-2013, 06:19 PM
Let's also give credit to Cuse. They are playing really well now and have a wealth of talent and length. Just a tough matchup today.

Markedman
03-30-2013, 06:23 PM
ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo 3m
Teams are shooting 29% from the field, 15% from 3-point range vs Syracuse in the NCAA Tournament

Gato78
03-30-2013, 06:23 PM
Cuse played like we thought they would all year. Looked like a Final Four team. Against that level of play we cannot shoot like crap and have every "50/50" call go against us.

MUMac
03-30-2013, 08:06 PM
I said at halftime the game was not called in MU's favor, but my concern was how they reacted to the calls/no calls. I would agree it was poorly officiated and that hurt MU, but MU had no answer for the zone. Now, one could argue with good officiating that the Cuse zone opens up, but MU did not handle their zone well and that is the end of subject to me.