PDA

View Full Version : Pre game question

Gato78
03-30-2013, 12:55 PM
I just showered and was putting my game watching gear on. So as not to tempt fate, I put the same MU gear on as I wore the past 3 games. Just asking if anyone else had the same dilemma.

MU_Iceman
03-30-2013, 12:57 PM
I just showered and was putting my game watching gear on. So as not to tempt fate, I put the same MU gear on as I wore the past 3 games. Just asking if anyone else had the same dilemma.

Exactly the same...just showered myself(that's kind of creepy :P), and put on the exact same stuff I wore Thursday night. When you get this far, you don't tempt fate. I will also be making a pizza before the game, as I have every MU gameday in the NCAAs thus far.

MayorBeluga
03-30-2013, 12:59 PM
About to head to the pregame party at the team hotel. Will be wearing the same shirt and classy pants worn in Lexington and Thursday.

Gato78
03-30-2013, 01:01 PM
Mayor: has anyone mentioned the brown stripe on the back of those pants? Wasn't sure.

IWB
03-30-2013, 01:02 PM
I just showered too. Same clothes.

lougrant
03-30-2013, 01:16 PM
Put on the same clothes you wore before the shower? :p

IWB
03-30-2013, 01:19 PM
No, had been wearing those for two days, had to make a change.

MU_Iceman
03-30-2013, 01:19 PM
Is anyone bored, killing time before the game?? I'm folding sweaters. :p

TheSultan
03-30-2013, 01:22 PM
Is anyone bored, killing time before the game?? I'm folding sweaters. :p

I'm watching soccer.

2013UnleashTheBeast
03-30-2013, 01:29 PM
Wore the same thing this Thursday I wore last Thursday. Will be wearing the same thing this Saturday I wore last Saturday. This will be the key to victory.

Phantom Warrior
03-30-2013, 01:35 PM
Wow. My wife thinks I'm a lunatic/fanatic. You people put me to shame.

The Reptile
03-30-2013, 01:39 PM
For the past 3 years, I have avoided MU gear and the colors blue and good to good success. 2 years ago my game day color was red and last year it was green. This year it's been black down to my boxers. Yes, this is totally irrational but if Nuke in Bull Durham won only because he war women's garters then our March run is because I took the black. BTW, I'm now officially an idiot.

Awilhelmscream
03-30-2013, 01:48 PM
Exactly the same...just showered myself(that's kind of creepy :P), and put on the exact same stuff I wore Thursday night. When you get this far, you don't tempt fate. I will also be making a pizza before the game, as I have every MU gameday in the NCAAs thus far.

Same routine here. I still have to go pick up my six-pack of 312 and Digiorno Rising Crust Supreme Pizza. These clothes smell at this point but I don't care.

IWB
03-30-2013, 01:52 PM
NUKEM..... I am trying to post pregame links. In staying with the theme here, can you please start a game thread?

MUMac
03-30-2013, 02:09 PM
I'm watching soccer.

A simple yes would have sufficed! :p

I am wearing the same that I wore last Saturday and this Thursday (the first Thursday, being a work day where I played hookie, I had a blue and gold buttoned down shirt). I admit, I did wash my shirt. I think I needed to after the Butler game for sure!

Markedman
03-30-2013, 02:24 PM
Wearing same shirt as Miami game and my lucky hat.....changed shirts from the first 2 rounds ......games were too close for comfort....

TedBaxter
03-30-2013, 02:29 PM
I'm watching soccer.

Somebody better wake up Sultan for the Marquette game.

IWB
03-30-2013, 02:31 PM
Good God I can't take much more of this - just play the freaking game. I feel like a Giants fan on the day of the NFL's Annual Selection Meetings. The anxiety...... I am about to freaking lose it. PLAY THE DAMN GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

MUMac
03-30-2013, 02:33 PM
Wow. My wife thinks I'm a lunatic/fanatic. You people put me to shame.

I am just following the lead of the one I looked up to ... Alfred James McGuire. He taught me after he wore the same suit until halftime of the Michigan game.

WarriorOMalley82
03-30-2013, 02:37 PM
Watching game in same chair won't go to watch with friends because it might throw the team off. After being NYC for BE tourney I passed up heading to dc for the game want to preserve all luck for possibly heading to Atlanta.

MUMac
03-30-2013, 02:38 PM
Watching game in same chair won't go to watch with friends because it might throw the team off. After being NYC for BE tourney I passed up heading to dc for the game want to preserve all luck for possibly heading to Atlanta.

Well, don't screw us in Atlanta!

dubs98
03-30-2013, 02:42 PM
you fellas are taking it to another level. Got my same gear on but minus a shower.

btw. am i the only one that occassionally finds themselves in a defensive stance mid game;) I think I actually may have slapped the floor a few times playing my mock d during the miami game....this tourney is taking its toll

IWB
03-30-2013, 02:45 PM
dubs - often standing in front of the tv. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

MUMac
03-30-2013, 02:48 PM
Standing, pacing, giving instructions ... It's all good.

unclejohn
03-30-2013, 02:50 PM
I had to change my outfit for Thursdays game, because I was coming from church and was watching it recorded anyway, so I figured what I wore could not affect the outcome. However, since I am watching this one live, I am wearing the same clothes I did for the first two games. Here is hoping socks and underwear don't count, as I have no idea which pairs I was wearing during the first two games.

dubs98
03-30-2013, 02:52 PM
I literally did not sit once thursday night. that is a bit odd for me, but i guess I was a bit juiced up for the game.

dubs - often standing in front of the tv. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

MUMac
03-30-2013, 02:56 PM
Ok, since we are coming clean with superstitions. I really can be at times. Won't leave the chair if we are playing well. Sit in the same position during the game when MU is on a run. Yeah, I can make choosing or wearing the same clothes a case of childs play. On Thursday, during the first half, I started to feel an urge to go to the bathroom. Well, MU was on a run, I could not do it. I said I would wait for Miami to make a run, then I would mix it up and jinx them by going to the bathroom. Halftime comes and I thought, too early, MU still has it going. Let's just say, I was probably the happiest person on the planet when the game ended - but for different reasons!

Go ahead everyone, top that!

Phantom Warrior
03-30-2013, 03:10 PM
I never realized that this board was filled with so many loonie tunes. I love it!

Nukem2
03-30-2013, 03:16 PM
NUKEM..... I am trying to post pregame links. In staying with the theme here, can you please start a game thread?
Taken care of...... Let's Go Warriors.... :)

dubs98
03-30-2013, 03:16 PM
you win;) and thanks for efforts to ensure a MU victory

Ok, since we are coming clean with superstitions. I really can be at times. Won't leave the chair if we are playing well. Sit in the same position during the game when MU is on a run. Yeah, I can make choosing or wearing the same clothes a case of childs play. On Thursday, during the first half, I started to feel an urge to go to the bathroom. Well, MU was on a run, I could not do it. I said I would wait for Miami to make a run, then I would mix it up and jinx them by going to the bathroom. Halftime comes and I thought, too early, MU still has it going. Let's just say, I was probably the happiest person on the planet when the game ended - but for different reasons!

Go ahead everyone, top that!