PDA

View Full Version : Goodman's Take

Phantom Warrior
03-29-2013, 12:26 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/21966312/marquette-overachieves-its-way-into-the-elite-eight

He is trying to be complimentary, and, overall, the article is. But I hate it when writers don't do their homework.

Quote: "None of these guys was highly touted coming out of high school..." Really? Jamil, Vander, and Junior were all Top 50 on RSCI. Juan and Steve were Top 100. Todd made a nice name for himself in the National Prep Showcase and was just outside Top 100.

Quote: "and they don't pass the look test." I'm not sure exactly what he is looking at/for, but Vander and Jamil are terrific athletes, and Trent was second team all Pac 10 in his career at ASU.

I love that he called this the best TEAM in America and that he said Buzz is national COY.

But for Pete's sake, get the background info correct.

Nukem2
03-29-2013, 12:36 PM
I guess some of these guys look only at the top 25 to 39 or so as far as recruits. Remember, these guys are focused on the eltit / blue blood programs. Anything else is below the radar.

GOMU1104
03-29-2013, 01:35 PM
Highly touted is generally top 20-25 players, generally freshman/sophomores...not fringe top 100 players. Vander and Jamil graduated long enough ago to forget about their standing in their classes.